Honored Contributor

Re: Call blocker- recent TSV

@sommertimewrote:

Just received my call blocker and set up a hour ago. I have been swamped with robo call all week, now I am just waiting for the phone to ring. So far nothing! And I cannot wait to push the block call button! 

@sommertime- I know!  I set ours up two days ago, late afternoon. 

I’ve only had to block two callers so far. It hasn’t rung other than that. 

Well, I take that back. I texted a friend this afternoon and asked her to call so I could make sure she could get through and we could actually connect. 

Our phone routinely rings 12-15 times a day and now?  Crickets, LOL. 

I told my husband that we’re not very popular. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@jackthebearwrote:

@

@chickenbutt@jackthebear: l wonder, though-- once the phone rings out and goes to answering machine, doesn't the scammer then know that it's a working number?

before I got NmRobo, the calls would stop after 3 rings   I wonder if the robocaller system only is active once an actual voice answers.

have never had a robocaller leave a msg 

@jackthebear: I wish that were the case here. Most don't leave a message, but they let it ring out until the answering machine kicks in, and THEN they hang up.  Woman Frustrated

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

I just ordered that one.  I also have a phone that you push a button and it blocks the calls (it works really well).

However regarding the phone, I filled up the 250 calls it holds and deleted them to start over again.

I've actually a few times looked and heard the number calling and it was my own number!  Yes!  My own phone number.  That shows how these terrible people are able to get around blocked numbers.

So over and over I block the number and they keep calling.  I haven't received the QVC block thing yet.  The phone block works well and I don't have any complaints, but it only holds 250.

It's crazy how many calls I used to get.  Now i still average a few a week.  When I get a robo call I've blocked it rings once or twice and that's it.  

I don't know what the robo caller hears on the other end, I just know i don't get a call back from that number.

Here's a new one this morning.  So this woman (you could tell from voice she was probably around in her 40's and she said, "Phew!  It's nice to hear a pleasant voice for a change.  My son and his friends have been playing music in the garage and the drumb is driving me crazy".

I cut her off and said, "I don't know and I don't care what you're selling but I do now want any part of it".  

Here's what I think it was.  Sometimes the heart association wants to send me enveloped (unaddressed and unstamped) asking for donations to the heart association, etc and asking me to fill them out, add the stamp to friends of mine asking them to send money.

I did it one time when my husband was alive years ago.  Never again will I do that.  I realized I was asking friends to donate to this cause.

Ugh!  It's amazing some of the things these people think of isn't it?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@handygal2wrote:

@jackthebearwrote:

@

@chickenbutt@jackthebear: l wonder, though-- once the phone rings out and goes to answering machine, doesn't the scammer then know that it's a working number?

before I got NmRobo, the calls would stop after 3 rings   I wonder if the robocaller system only is active once an actual voice answers.

have never had a robocaller leave a msg 

@jackthebear: I wish that were the case here. Most don't leave a message, but they let it ring out until the answering machine kicks in, and THEN they hang up.  Woman Frustrated

OMG, don't you hate that!    I know it's mostly me, but I usually get very annoyed when I have to punch through to the voicemail just for a non-message and especially if it's a robocall or any kind of solicitaiton.  That's why I turned voicemail off.   I just didn't need the stress of having to clear non-messages.

I really hope something happens with the FCC about putting a stop to robocalling and I hope that includes auto-dial.

Trusted Contributor

We received one of those calls at 1:30 a.m. one night last week.  It was the day before the TSV so when we saw it we ordered it.  We received ours in 3 days.  It was simple to install and we have had fewer calls since.  It is such fun to push that button!!Woman HappyMan Happy

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66wrote:

I just ordered that one.  I also have a phone that you push a button and it blocks the calls (it works really well).

However regarding the phone, I filled up the 250 calls it holds and deleted them to start over again.

I've actually a few times looked and heard the number calling and it was my own number!  Yes!  My own phone number.  That shows how these terrible people are able to get around blocked numbers.

So over and over I block the number and they keep calling.  I haven't received the QVC block thing yet.  The phone block works well and I don't have any complaints, but it only holds 250.

It's crazy how many calls I used to get.  Now i still average a few a week.  When I get a robo call I've blocked it rings once or twice and that's it.  

I don't know what the robo caller hears on the other end, I just know i don't get a call back from that number.

Here's a new one this morning.  So this woman (you could tell from voice she was probably around in her 40's and she said, "Phew!  It's nice to hear a pleasant voice for a change.  My son and his friends have been playing music in the garage and the drumb is driving me crazy".

I cut her off and said, "I don't know and I don't care what you're selling but I do now want any part of it".  

Here's what I think it was.  Sometimes the heart association wants to send me enveloped (unaddressed and unstamped) asking for donations to the heart association, etc and asking me to fill them out, add the stamp to friends of mine asking them to send money.

I did it one time when my husband was alive years ago.  Never again will I do that.  I realized I was asking friends to donate to this cause.

Ugh!  It's amazing some of the things these people think of isn't it?

@Annabellethecat66  please don't answer the phone anymore <3

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  That woman you described who is so friendly sounds like the one who has been calling me for a few years.  I actually thought she was a ligit fund raiser for charities and engaged in conversation, but never sent any money.   When she called the last few times, I just told her she was getting on my nerves.  I haven't heard from her for a couple of months.  She always acted so happy to talk to me because either her kids have been doing something or other or the last call was to be with an unfriendly person and that she was so happy to talk to me.

I just connected this call blocker thing from QVC and hope to get rid of a bunch of these annoying calls from everyone including "Todd" who calls from the fullfilment center and has this, that, or the other ready for me..

Honored Contributor

@CLEM I just love the way people are going to give me something for nothing in return....just because they want to!

Honored Contributor

@CLEMwrote:

@Annabellethecat66  That woman you described who is so friendly sounds like the one who has been calling me for a few years.  I actually thought she was a ligit fund raiser for charities and engaged in conversation, but never sent any money.   When she called the last few times, I just told her she was getting on my nerves.  I haven't heard from her for a couple of months.  She always acted so happy to talk to me because either her kids have been doing something or other or the last call was to be with an unfriendly person and that she was so happy to talk to me.

I just connected this call blocker thing from QVC and hope to get rid of a bunch of these annoying calls from everyone including "Todd" who calls from the fullfilment center and has this, that, or the other ready for me..

Don't fall for none of this 'stuff'. Strangers on phones are not your friends. They pick on lonely people  do not be a victim.

Honored Contributor

My new CallBlocker must be working because the phone has stopped ringing 100%. I think that's pretty amazing. Woot-woot!Woman Very Happy