Honored Contributor

Re: ••California's Anti-Vaping Bill Goes Up in Smoke••

@GingerPeach wrote:

That's sad.  

Ms. Cabrera doesn't sound as if she knows what she is talknig about.

Of course she does. She's getting paid to say it.

“ 'Any time they are vaping, they’re not smoking a cigarette. That’s a win',  says Cynthia Cabrera, executive director of the Smoke-Free Alternatives Trade Association in Washington DC."

She knows exactly what she's saying and shame on her.

If I saw anyone vaping in a restaurant, I'd complain to the management and then leave and never return until they changed their policies to disallow ecigs inside. That's the way we can do this without legislation. Business by business, walk out if anyone starts puffing.

Respected Contributor

@debc wrote:

I'm sure that in another 10 years it's going to be found that it's just as bad as cigarettes.

I think they have started research and it points that it is pretty bad.

it is one thing if someone uses e-cigs to stop smoking completely, including e-cigs, but another if they are just replacing one bad habit with another

I used to smoke.  I quit cold turkey after smoking for 30 years (I started in my early teens)

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Honored Contributor

The research has pointed out that there is nothing in the e-cigs but pure nicotine.  None of the added carciogens that the tobacco company ADD to the cigs in order to make them more appealing (they say) but actually they are designed to make the cigs more addictive.  Pure nicotine doesn't seem to do that.  

http://www.ecigarette-politics.com/is-nicotine-addictive.html

My son (a smoker for roughly 15 years) decided to start making his own cigs with a pure blend.  He said he immediately felt better!  He thought it was amazing.  Took awhile to get all the extra stuff out of his system, but it left and then, only on the blend he made, he started to wean off cigs completely. He did this and has never gone back and feels it was considerably easier doing it the way he did it.....

You have to think of the motive for keeping people "hooked" on cigarettes!!  The Tobacco companies have done a great job adding impurities to their product so that it is extremely difficult to stop smoking......  The e-cigs are a huge problem for the tobacco companies because it's cutting into their profits.  

I have to think that the push to ban e-cigs have come from the very companies that push their contaminated product..... IMHO 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

Re: ••California's Anti-Vaping Bill Goes Up in Smoke••

Thanks for the posts, I think there's strong lobbies for both cigarettes and e cigs.  Also don't the e cigs need some kind of regulation so they're made uniformly and safely?

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••