Esteemed Contributor

Re: California is Flattening the Curve

Yes, California has done a very good job but so has Gov Cuomo given the nature of NY.  NYC is densely populated and a very transient population, not to mention commuters from the tri state.  I'm N Jersey second highest in cases/deaths, i commuted to NYC for my entire career and many others do so today.  That's a very difficult variable to control.  Now we are sharing the Comfort.  So many states do well for different reasons but other states have different issues and variables that make it much harder to contain an outbreak. 

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 

Very good! I’ve been impressed by how it is being handled there.

On the other hand, Florida has had no leadership worth mentioning in a positive light through any of this. It is pretty horrifying. 

Esteemed Contributor

My SIL  really believes that she had it in late December. She was very ill, with flu like symptoms and a cough that would not go away, fever and all.  It just lingered especially the cough. I remember talking to her and asking her are you still sick? I don't remember my brother being ill, but she said he was as well, but to a lesser degree. Hopefully soon we will have an antibody test that can let people know one way or the other. 

I am proud of my state and Governor Newsome. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@icezeus I also believe that the virus has been in CA for awhile.  DH traveled to China for business a couple of times late last year and we also noticed similar symptoms to your SIL in our family.  Hopefully we can all get tested in the not too distant future to see if we have the antibodies.  And like you, we also appreciate Gov. Newsom and his non-partisan actions during the pandemic.

Contributor

Where I live the numbers are also good, however, people are not allowed to get tested unless they have a fever.