Respected Contributor

Re: California governor issues statewide 'stay at home' order

@Cakers3 wrote:

@ms traditional wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

Who will take care of the homeless???

sadly our governor and big-city mayors - despite having thrown money at the problem - have not been even remotely successful in containing/solving this problem for some years now.  

@ms traditional   Exactly. 

Some communities gave up completely on the homeless, just letting them be as they are at the risk to themselves and others.

It's a shame that now there will be a rush to do something for them and I fear the death toll among the least in our society are going to pay the price.

@Cakers3  we had such a strong warning on potential problems regarding the safety of this population and of the community during the past 2 fire seasons, with no change in policies.  current plans are a day late......and a dollar short, as they say.  

Honored Contributor

I live in Colorado. My city officials have told us to stay inside. But people are not. 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

@bonnie f  ...... I am not being sarcastic. I am just asking. Did your governor keep the beer distributors open?

no. they closed them about 3 days ago.. but we do have grocery stores that sell it. 

Trusted Contributor

and right now our locak giant is packed i just heard?? isnt that  spreading it like wildfire???  but your closing laundrymats that are essential to people with no washer and dryers??? that may only have a few people in it at once??? sorry just venting.... i guess i'll wear my underware more than once...

Respected Contributor

@bonnie f wrote:

and right now our locak giant is packed i just heard?? isnt that  spreading it like wildfire???  but your closing laundrymats that are essential to people with no washer and dryers??? that may only have a few people in it at once??? sorry just venting.... i guess i'll wear my underware more than once...

@bonnie f  pretend you're travelling in Europe and wash your dainties in the sink to dry overnight.  then take an online tour of the Uffizi or the Louvre to complete the experience!   ha!

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I live in Colorado. My city officials have told us to stay inside. But people are not. 

NYers are being asked to stay indoors as well.  This is recent.  NYC was particularly hit with the virus.  The more testing being done, the higher the spikes.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We are seniors in SoCal. I just received an e-mail from Vons supermarket canceling my delivery order. There are no other delivery options right now. Amazon doesn't currently show any dates.

So we will be going out today to find food, when we had decided against that. We have no other option.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

@Ifeelwicked wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:
I sure hope that doesn't happen where I live. That would be so restrictive! A prisoner in my own home!

I love this quote. "In the 1940's we were asked to go to war. Today, we're asked to sit on our couch.".... Try to imagine the "exposed" family of 7 from New Jersey who has lost 3 family members to the Coronavirus. Guess what the "silver lining" is here? That the mother died before finding out her child had passed before her! It's difficult to understand your position on this. My prayers go out to the grief-stricken survivors. God bless them. Something else to think about.....it is not impossible that you could have been exposed to the disease, not know it, and be spreading it all over. The only way to get this under control is to separate from the general public. Wouldn't you prefer to be in your own home, rather than under an oxygen tent, being pumped full of all kinds of meds, fighting for your life?

UPDATE......A 4th family member has passed away. 🙏🏻

Trusted Contributor

@bonnie f  ..... Thank you!