Frequent Contributor

Re: California governor issues statewide 'stay at home' order

I wish our gov. Would do the same...Florida.

Proactive and responsible he is NOT!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Warrior2022 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

Who will take care of the homeless???

Who takes care of them now?

There are many agencies and groups that help them.  Many volunteers.

@Cakers3 @SeaMaiden  I thought I read they brought trailers or rvs or something for them at this time. 

@proudlyfromNJ   I think the plan was to take over hotels and other places that will not be used for a while.  I don't know if that plan went into effect.

It isn't just CA; anyplace where the homeless population exists, there will be complications. 

Neighborhoods alone will resist; even earlier on some communities did not want passengers from cruise ships treated in their area.

What about the addicted-will their drugs be provided?

The mentally ill.  Those with violent tendencies.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@FloridaGold wrote:

@FloridaGold  He needs to do that and call in the National Guard to get rid of all those kids on the beach. Out of control down there.

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@FloridaGold wrote:

@FloridaGold  He needs to do that and call in the National Guard to get rid of all those kids on the beach. Out of control down there.

I can't believe all those dumb kids on the beach. And I thought the authorities in Florida were gonna do something about it, but I guess I was mistaken.

Esteemed Contributor

DH and I were both struck by the female college student (on beach in Florida) who basically said " that's an old people problem".  I thought "I'm sure your Mom is so proud..." .

Respected Contributor

It is time for us to stay home. We know that without anyone telling us. Take care of you and your family.

Trusted Contributor

im afraid its coming to pa real soon... everything here closed except for essential places...and only take out for food... depressing that i cant even get my haircut... and it theres a stay at home order.... i work in a hospital so i have to go to work... im scared to see how long this will go on.. i hear at least a few months???/ and i work full time i dont have a washer or dryer at my place.. i cant even wash clothes at a laundrymat??? that in the list of closed places too.. my mom is older and she doesnt even want me visiting.. i work in a hospital and u dont know what i may bring home to her.... this last 2 weeks has been so depressing... really makes you realize all we take for granted everyday... stay safe everyone... and if you have to go out take all the precautions please... and maybe this will end real soon!!!

Honored Contributor

I sure hope that doesn't happen where I live. That would be so restrictive! A prisoner in my own home!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Please don't make it out to be worse than it is (the restrictions, not the virus).    I live in an SF suburb and we've been in "shelter in place" for several days now.  I'm glad to hear that our entire state is now doing the same.  It hasn't been bad at all so far.  We can go to the grocery, get gas, go to medical appointments and even go outside and get some fresh air or walk the dog.  Most people that I see outside are keeping social distance away from others.  Our grocery stores had a mass panic the past week or so and shelves were bare, but many restaurants are still available for takeout and delivery.   I went to Trader Joe's this morning and many items had been restocked. 

My kids are home from college and we're watching the Parasite movie right now.  I'm happy for the family time!  I worry for those who can't work and aren't being paid.  I hope that our local, state and federal governments will get them some relief soon!

ETA:  For those of you in other states, please consider limiting your exposure to others, keeping a safe distance and washing your hands for at least 20 seconds in warm water several times a day.  We can do this!

Respected Contributor

@patbz wrote:

DH and I were both struck by the female college student (on beach in Florida) who basically said " that's an old people problem".  I thought "I'm sure your Mom is so proud..." .

@patbz The statistics in the US are showing that 40% of those hospitalized in the US right now are between the ages of 20 and 54.  IMO, the Florida governor made a big mistake by not closing the beaches sooner.