Honored Contributor

I don't know all the details yet, but it's just been announced that our statewide stay-at-home restriction has been lifted.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
QVC Customer Care
Honored Contributor

Re: California Covid news

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I don't know all the details yet, but it's just been announced that our statewide stay-at-home restriction has been lifted.

Are California's Covid numbers improving?

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Porcelain wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Porcelain  The stay at home deal was based on hospital capacity. If it went below 15 percent, that county or region was asked to stay at home.

Now we are returning to a county-by-county system coded by number. So for example, in Socal, we will still be purple, the most restrictive. But we will return to outside dining and church gathering as well as opening nail and beauty salons.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Porcelain  The stay at home deal was based on hospital capacity. If it went below 15 percent, that county or region was asked to stay at home.

Know we are returning to a county-by-county system coded by number. So for example, in Socal, we will still be purple, the most restrictive. But we will return to outside dining and church gathering as well as opening nail and beauty salons.

@Porcelain, I realized that I didn't even answer your question. I think that the numbers are more staple now, as we're seeing the end of the damage done from the holidays.

But this plateau is still way too high.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm in the Bay Area.  Just a couple of weeks ago, our available ICU capacity was less than 1%.  Now we are over 23%.  What a difference a couple of weeks make!  As far as I know, SoCal is still at 0% capacity.  

Honored Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

I'm in the Bay Area.  Just a couple of weeks ago, our available ICU capacity was less than 1%.  Now we are over 23%.  What a difference a couple of weeks make!  As far as I know, SoCal is still at 0% capacity.  

Yup, @Linmo. The more I read about this breaking news, the more I am underwhelmed. It really means no changes in this house. Plus, our vaccine situation is beyond horrible. We refuse to spend hours online just to be told there are no appointments. Plus, We refuse to get the first without insuring that we can get the second dose.

Honored Contributor
I wish some people could volunteer for a 12 hour shift in a SoCA hospital.
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 Yes, I read that our state is really lagging in vaccine distribution, but we are the most populous state.  In the insurance network I am in, people 65 and older are scheduling and getting vaccinated in our area.  DH and I have a couple of years before we hit 65, but several of our friends have gotten it.  Others who are in different networks like Kaiser and Sutter can only get it if they are 75 and older, even though we live in the same area.  It doesn't make a lot of sense.  Hopefully, the J & J vaccine will be out soon.  That is only a single shot vaccine.

Honored Contributor

Could this please remain nonpolitical. Thank you.