Esteemed Contributor

Re: California Covid news

[ Edited ]

I just saw on Yahoo where they say California has its own variant of Covid. Then saw where it may be one of the reasons for the surge. I'm not  a medical person, but this just doesn't sound good. 

As far as liftng the restrictions, the residents of Arkansas do whatever they want anyway. It doesn't matter what anyone says. Everyone from Chuchgoers who refuse to mask and social distance to teenagers wanting to party. There aren't enough cops to enforce rules here. And some of them don't agree with having rules anyway as they still think this is a hoax. 

We are all tired of it, I feel there is no end in sight.

Honored Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

Hopefully, the J & J vaccine will be out soon.  That is only a single shot vaccine.

@Linmo Me personally, I am not taking any vaccines that has been "fast tracked."  Hopeffully, the J&J vaccine will take their time in doing the proper testing(s) & trial(s) before being released to the public.

@happycatThere are folks who think once they get the vaccine, they don't have to wear masks and/or social distance.  Some think they are "immune."  As far as I am concerned, there is not enough publicity through TV, radio, social media, etc that once you get the vaccine it is NOT business as usual.  You can still get COVID but the symptoms are SUPPOSE to be minimal. At least 95% of the time. Smiley Tongue

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Linmo wrote:

Hopefully, the J & J vaccine will be out soon.  That is only a single shot vaccine.

@Linmo Me personally, I am not taking any vaccines that has been "fast tracked."  Hopeffully, the J&J vaccine will take their time in doing the proper testing(s) & trial(s) before being released to the public.

@happycatThere are folks who think once they get the vaccine, they don't have to wear masks and/or social distance.  Some think they are "immune."  As far as I am concerned, there is not enough publicity through TV, radio, social media, etc that once you get the vaccine it is NOT business as usual.  You can still get COVID but the symptoms are SUPPOSE to be minimal. At least 95% of the time. Smiley Tongue

I know, I plan on still masking up, sanitizing and social distancing even after I get the shot, which very well may be next year. And my parents say they will too, I would just really feel better about it all if my folks could get the vaccine. They are on a list. The pharmacist told me today they are totally out, have been out since last week and they don't know when they will get any in. My folks are on two other lists from other pharmacies.

Are many other areas running out of vaccines? It sure isn't because my fellow Arkansans have been vaccinated.

Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I don't know all the details yet, but it's just been announced that our statewide stay-at-home restriction has been lifted.

Are California's Covid numbers improving?

@Porcelain I don't know but I have maintained that by February the COVID situation will be showing marked improvement.  I feel certain of that.

Honored Contributor

The OP requested that this thread remain nonpolitical. That means not bringing up politicians. Woman Happy

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Super Contributor

Re: California Covid news

[ Edited ]

Sorry, I didn't see that! I deleted my post.

Regular Contributor

Smiley Wink Heart

Honored Contributor

Merck is halting development of its two COVID-19 vaccine candidates, saying that while the drugs seemed to be safe, they didn't generate enough of an immune response to effectively protect people against the virus.

via NPR

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein