Honored Contributor

Re: The Cajun Navy Arrived In Texas

@Perkup wrote:

This isn't The Cajun Navy's first rodeo.  They are primarily just citizens who care and have this wonderful way to help with flood issues.  One of them lives in our immediate area and we are very proud of him. He's taking time off -  I suspect without pay - to go to the Houston area and help. They have saved a number of peole and pets.  Thank God for people like him.

@Perkup  ITA, the Cajun Navy is a blessing!

Honored Contributor

Actor/comedian Kevin Hart has donated $25,000 for the flood victims and challenged other actors to do the same.

Trusted Contributor

The news reported that The Cajun Navy came upon people outside of a house that they thought need rescuing, but they were looters.  The looters shot at them.  

Honored Contributor

Left unverified, it kinda leaves a bad reputation for 

the Cajun Navy...why would they stir up a story like this?

We might have more details today to back the story,

but if untrue....not cool to scare people like that. 

IMG_2761.jpg

Honored Contributor

I'm not going to worry about it, I can think of several possibilities. 

IMO, What's sad is there are people trying to denigrate them. 

Honored Contributor

@Noel7

Thank you for letting people know.

Many good people and good things here now.

The Louisanna Cajun Navy are heroes, IMO

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

@Noel7  We did notice late last night on the news, that the Cajun Navy was busy into rescues, praise the Lord.  I do pray they will be able to get to many and save them.  Water levels have hit new highs and could go higher.

My prayers go out to all affected, God bless you all.

Respected Contributor

@Noel7, stories like this warm my heart.

Hurricane Charley-coming in as a CAT 4 was ugly. I am NOT COMPARING it to the size and scope of Harvey.....

The silver lining is that it brought out the best in everybody.....

We had just moved to this neighborhood-we have never met so many neighbors as we did then. People introduced themselves-and even though they lost more than we did-offered to help in any way they could.

It totally renewed my faith in humanity: we banded together. Communities shared resources for a very long time.

Alas, 13 years later, it's a different story....am I surprised? No.

....I just wish that all of these stories of selflessness continued long after disaster struck.....if it did, this world would be so much of a better place.

We were all on a level playing field-there was no demarcation between rich and poor, social status, political alliances etc.

We were all people-who lost "stuff": it was an equal playing field. We were all just thankful to be alive. Where we could help each other, we did.

Once again, a year later, hearts went cold....the prevailing attitude afterwards was if you lived in a trailer-or your family was living in a car and scripting by (jobs hadn't quite come back yet)- you deserved it. What were you doing here? Ad nauseam.

I just hope this "kumbaya" time lives on. This wide geographic stretch is nothing this country has ever seen before. No easy answers are going to be coming anytime soon for those affected.

There is an "Invest" that looks like it could turn into something serious. We are keeping our eyes on that one.....Am seriously praying it becomes a "fish storm".

Just my opinion,

Hugs,

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

@Poodlepet2

Kumbaya.

My radio guys always bring that up after a tragedy.

They being up a good point...a month after 9/11,

we were back to our normal Moan & Groan.

If 9/11 didn't mentally change us, nothing will.

But Hope Springs Eternal.....maybe some day.

🌼

Honored Contributor

The two large mosques in Houston opened their doors to flood victims right away, and more than a hundred Muslim youths from the Houston area youth group were out before the flooding, helping people get out safely.

The youth group is still out in neighborhoods helping wherever needed.