Honored Contributor

Cajun Navy In Texas & Other Reports of Help

[ Edited ]

He Cajun Navy is a group of volunteers from Louisiana WITH BOATS who show up at storm areas to rescue people in need. They already saved an elderly woman unconscious in the water and found her family.

This is wonderful! 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Cajun Navy Arrived In Texas

That is awesome, Noel. Those in Texas need all the help they can get.

Honored Contributor

Reporters are dropping their mics and running to help people in need.  One was filmed hurrying to help carry a woman in labor, leading her in Lamaze breathing.

Esteemed Contributor

Its wonderful of the reporters to try to help. This is beyond heartbreaking. I can't imagine what these people have gone and will be going thru.

Valued Contributor

@Noel7  I also find the Cajun Navy particularly inspiring.  There was a news picture of them setting out for Texas, with a line of pick-up trucks, each pulling a small boat, stretching as far as the eye can see.  It's nice to see positive news for a change, with people coming from all areas of the country to help the flood victims.  It takes a special kind of person to drop everything that way and put him/herself in danger to help others.  Many of these people work for government in the National Guard or various first-responder positions, but private groups and just informal groups like the Cajun Navy are helping as well.  News reports today make me wonder whether there won't be quite as much rain as they feared.  They're not saying that because they're all hyping the story, but the predicted amounts seem to be less than before.  That would be good news.

Honored Contributor

Hi @happycat

I love these bits of good news, there is so much suffering in Texas.

Honored Contributor

Good morning @OfCourse

I agree about the good news, it warms the heart 😊

Honored Contributor

Good news,

Image result for small smiley face thumbs up pic

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

He Cajun Navy is a group of volunteers from Louisiana WITH BOATS who show up at storm areas to rescue people in need. They already saved an elderly woman unconscious in the water and found her family.

This is wonderful! 

Obviously that should be THE Cajun Navy.  Up since 3:20 am.  Now I'm hungry. I wonder if other people get hungry with insomnia?  5:05 now, try again, Noel.

Esteemed Contributor

It is amazing to me when something like this happens only the very goodness of people shows though ...How people help others it warms my heart..Got bless the state of Texas and its wonderful people.