Honored Contributor

Re: Cable cord cutting stats

@tropics21-

Check out Sling TV.

It along with Roku (you can get it for free with 2 months sign up with Sling)

You can get so many channels, including cnn, cbs.

Also Youtube has many local channels.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

How do you get free tv?
Honored Contributor

Always look at who did the survey and how it was done..,pretty easy to tell where the numbers come from most of the time...ATT did one and showed the vast majority of their customers are thrilled with their customer service...LOL! Have never met anyone who loved ATT
Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
Always look at who did the survey and how it was done..,pretty easy to tell where the numbers come from most of the time...ATT did one and showed the vast majority of their customers are thrilled with their customer service...LOL! Have never met anyone who loved ATT

i dont  use ATT for my cable, but i have my cell phone service with them and they are great. have been using them now for about 15 years now.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I don't have Netflex.  But it's the only streamer I see worth getting. I especially want to see Black Mirror.   The others are really bad and Hulo only has the Handmaid's Tail.  Amazon is really crummy.  I have that thanks to Prime.  But the programming is not very good. You'd think Amazon would get on the ball put in better programming.  I still have FIOS for internet & TV. No HBO or pay movies.  I probably will leave FIOS TV. & get Netflex  I will still have high speed internet.  Not giving that up. And I can see Wal Mart getting in to the business too.  So desperate to catch up to Amazon. 

Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
How do you get free tv?

Just like you used to - with an antenna.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Wow! 59%?  That might be good for the 51% still using cable as far as price deals. I will NEVER give up my cable.

@SeaMaiden: It's only 41% still using cable-- hard to believe it's that few! I can't see myself giving it up either.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Wow! 59%?  That might be good for the 51% still using cable as far as price deals. I will NEVER give up my cable.

@SeaMaiden: It's only 41% still using cable-- hard to believe it's that few! I can't see myself giving it up either.

it really depends on where you are looking for statistics.

Pay TV subscribers today still far outnumber cord cutters.

There are 186.7 million U.S. adults watching cable, satellite or telco-provided pay TV in 2018, compared with the 33 million projected cord cutters. However, the number of pay TV subscribers is down 3.8 percent over last year, which is a little bit higher than the 3.4 drop in 2017.

https://techcrunch.com/2018/07/25/u-s-cord-cutters-to-reach-33-million-this-year-faster-than-expecte...

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yep there's a lot to consider....

@sunshine45   @lovesrecess

Your right those antennas can be tricky to get your local channels...it can depend on what direction your residence faces in connection with the tower....I know some people that had to end up putting an antenna outside on their roof because all the inside antennas didn't work....And it was important to them to see local news etc......

And I wouldnt get to see my NBA Spurs Games ....Id have to subscribe to You Tube or pay for NBA League Pass $119 season. Or $29 extra a month on Sling....Hulu will only air playoff games that are on TNT....

And your right about bundling, I need a landline for work, and high speed internet.....

I know people that even came back to cable

....yep movies tickets are expensive and add in popcorn and beverage....

Its a matter of where you want to spend your entertainment dollar

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I really want to ditch cable but  don't know exactly how.  I use Comcast for internet and phone as well as cable. I don't want to mess up the other two if I dump cable.  

I live in the woods and I cannot even get Dish, or Direct TV, etc  My signal is not all that good... too many trees.  I need help.