Super Contributor

Just got my cable bill from Spectrum.  It went up over $10.00 a month!  I called customer service and was told it was an across the board increase and some states went up over $30.00.   I kind of lost it and told them what great timing they had, increasing everyone's bill when so many people getting laid off and we have nothing to do except stay home and watch TV.  Said thank you so much and hung up.  I was afraid to say anything else...might regret it.  Wish I could report them for price gouging.

Man plans. God laughs.
Honored Contributor

@caroln242 wrote:

Just got my cable bill from Spectrum.  It went up over $10.00 a month!  I called customer service and was told it was an across the board increase and some states went up over $30.00.   I kind of lost it and told them what great timing they had, increasing everyone's bill when so many people getting laid off and we have nothing to do except stay home and watch TV.  Said thank you so much and hung up.  I was afraid to say anything else...might regret it.  Wish I could report them for price gouging.

Why can't you?

Honored Contributor

@caroln242 UGH....Our bill is about $199.00/month with internet, phone and tv...DH will be totally p!$$%@ if our bill goes up.  We probably watch 10-15 channels.

Respected Contributor

I feel your pain. Cable companies are money-grabbers! I have Comcast & do not like them. Hope I don't get the news you did.

Honored Contributor

@caroln242  "Wish I could report them for price gouging."

You can.  Read the paperwork that comes w/your bill.  It's the FCC.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Super Contributor

@caroln242 wrote:

Mine increases same time each year.  Yes, an increase with anything now isn't fun but "price gouging"??  For $10.00?

Respected Contributor

Fighting cable companies is a waste of your precious energy. The only power you have is to see if you can negotiate your bill, or cut the cord. They have the power. They are horrible!!

Respected Contributor

Price gouging is in the eyes of who is paying and if there is value. It all adds up.

Super Contributor

You don't think $10.00 to $30.00 a month increase is price gouging?  With one of us being on social security and the other laid off due to factory closing, and having to stay in the house with only TV as entertainment, yes I think it's very poor timing and gouging.  Unlimited funds are a thing of the past for me and hubby, unfortunately.  I'm glad you don't have to worry about it.

@BeautyLver wrote:

Mine increases same time each year.  Yes, an increase with anything now isn't fun but "price gouging"??  For $10.00?

Man plans. God laughs.
Super Contributor

@ahoymate wrote:

Price gouging is in the eyes of who is paying and if there is value. It all adds up.

There is no such thing as no increases in services we sign up for. Everything increases.  We can all choose to make changes if not happy.  Not liking the increase at this time of $10.00 does not equate to price gouging by a company.  It's a small percentage increase.