Trusted Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@Jordan2,

I think if you are used to cable and the shows you do like, then Youtube is the best bet.It has much of what cable does the popular evening shows and also movies, sometimes Masterpiece on certain nights.

Then there are wonderful free streaming services. I recently discovered Freevee. I don't think you will miss cable at all! Streaming services have all and more you could  ever hope to watch!

I hope your move goes ok. I know it is never fun but hope you like it when you get settled in!

Do you get any Network Channels? NBC,ABC,CBS

Honored Contributor

@buyornot,

I just copied this from google-

"YouTube TV lets you stream live & local sports, news, shows from 70+ channels including ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, ESPN, HGTV, TNT, and more. Local and regional programming is also provided with YouTube TV, offering complete local network coverage in over 98% of US TV households. View channel lineup."

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@buyornot,

I just copied this from google-

"YouTube TV lets you stream live & local sports, news, shows from 70+ channels including ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, ESPN, HGTV, TNT, and more. Local and regional programming is also provided with YouTube TV, offering complete local network coverage in over 98% of US TV households. View channel lineup."

@on the bay 

Be careful with local/regional sports teams....we can't get our NBA team with YouTubeTV (the broadcast were free under FS1, but YouTube couldnt cut a deal with BallySports when the league switched providers...) So YouTube cut the channel from their lineup!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I cut the cord over four years ago and I have never looked back. I stream all of my entertainment, so I have  the following:

• Amazon Prime
  • Sling TV
  •  Hulu
  •  ROKU TV

I have more then enough channels for viewing.

Then you have tons of free apps such as TUBI, Freevee and others. 

I signed up with Netflix for one month to binge watch two shows that I was intersted in. I have already cancelled it, but I have a few more weeks to watch shows. 

Honored Contributor

I have a few questions I would appreciate if you can help me out. 
1. How many shows can you record at the same time on Hulu Live TV and YouTube TV Live?

2. Can you extend the recording time on both streaming platforms if let's say 60 minutes starts late and delays the show your recording ( also shows always run a minute late and I usually give an extra minute when recording on cable)?

3. Which streaming service has the more user friendly channel grid?

Honored Contributor

I was hoping someone could answer my questions, oh well. 

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I have a few questions I would appreciate if you can help me out. 
1. How many shows can you record at the same time on Hulu Live TV and YouTube TV Live?

2. Can you extend the recording time on both streaming platforms if let's say 60 minutes starts late and delays the show your recording ( also shows always run a minute late and I usually give an extra minute when recording on cable)?

3. Which streaming service has the more user friendly channel grid?

@Jordan2 I don't find any of the services to have a user friendly guide.  You have to start at the beginning every time you want to surf. 

YouTubeTV will let you customize the guide.  You can set it up in a way that is easier for you, uncheck channels you don't want to see at all and put them in an order that makes sense for you. 

Super Contributor

Re: Cable Or Hulu Live

[ Edited ]

Cut the cord, I have youtubetv and HBO max is free with my internet connection.  I'd never go back. You can have 6 accounts under family membership and i watch on  tv, my iPad and my phone at the same time.  I alphabetized the lineup so the guide is extra easy 

Honored Contributor

Hulu doesn't offer local channels.  I don't want to mess around with antennas, multiple streaming services, etc.  We stream with Spectrum but we are going to change to YouTube.  They offer locals, free unlimited DVR which Spectrum charges for and no broadcast fee, which is up to $18.00 with Spectrum.  And we will get a lot more channels with YT than Spectrum streaming.