Respected Contributor

@Mindy D 

Yes.  We have HULU+ and I too watch most everything on my iPad and my husband watches what little he watches on a TV.  We can also watch anything on our iPhone.  We have a Roku box and several streaming services like amazon prime, appletv+ paramount + and I have espn+ for all of my sports.  ESPN+, Disney and Paramount are now part of HULU live TV.

Respected Contributor

@Spurt 

Hi fellow sports fan.  I can see most every college and professional game with Hulu Live TV and a MLB tv subscription.  I will occasionally miss a pro football game because the local CBS network will show some dumb local programming instead of the televised game.  I have no idea why.  I don't care unless it's a Chiefs game or a Cowboy game.  Then I pout!!  I don't watch NBA games except at playoff time.   I see all college football games and college basketball and baseball on espn+.

If you haven't looked into hulu live tv , it might be worth it.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac I was going to ask about this before I saw your post! I'm not a techie, I was wondering if I could get away with 300mbps for streaming or do I really need to spend more money for the 500mbps?

Honored Contributor

So many have recommended YouTube TV, but no one has said what it costs.  

My own research says it's $64.99 per month.  It may be less than cable, but, in my opinion, still too much.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2  With Verizon FIOS, 300mbps more than enough for normal streaming, email, browsing around the net.  You should have minimal to no buffering if using 1device at a time.

I have 500mbps cause I am a semi-heavy user. 

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

My own research says it's $64.99 per month.  It may be less than cable, but, in my opinion, still too much.

@ValuSkrYes, it's $64.99/month.  No taxes or other charges are added like cable.  That amount also includes everything else.  FREE UNLIMITED DVR storage, FREE DVR cabilities which I take into account.

I agree, that's the cost is "still too much" but it gives me more bang for my $$$$.  I personallly feel YouTubeTV has more PROs than CONs for MY personal preference.

============================================

FWIW........

Previously, I was under a 2 yr contract w/Verizon FIOS.  About a year in I started researching "streaming" apps & antennas, etc.

I took my time (2 yrs) comparing each & every one.

Verizon no longer does "contracts" & now you can "pick & choose" what you want.  No more "negotiations" for their "current" customers.

I had decided to "play around" w/Hulu & YouTube for 3 months each to see which one I liked the best.  When I contacted Verizon FIOS to cut "cable" that is when I was notified that they acquired YouTube TV in their "pick & choose."  They discounted my internet (long time customer in good standing).  I have a landline which has always been FREE.

So, I jumped on it as it was far cheaper than getting Hulu as a stand-a-lone streaming app.

I already have FREE Amazon Prime & Netflix (thanks to my children & my car dealership).

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

With any of the services mentioned in this thread, is it possible to view on both your TV and on a device such as an iPad? I like to watch TV on my iPad while my husband watches the big TV. I currently use DirecTV to do this. I can also do this with Amazon Prime, regular YouTube and Netflix. 

Yes you can watch Hulu and I'm sure others on an iPad.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Mz iMac I was going to ask about this before I saw your post! I'm not a techie, I was wondering if I could get away with 300mbps for streaming or do I really need to spend more money for the 500mbps?

I just switched  companies but I had centurylink and I only had 10 mbps and I streamed fine. That is until the box that I was connected to kept rotting out and I would have to call for service (usually once a month). I now have Cox with gigablast and no issues. 

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Jordan2  With Verizon FIOS, 300mbps more than enough for normal streaming, email, browsing around the net.  You should have minimal to no buffering if using 1device at a time.

I have 500mbps cause I am a semi-heavy user. 

@Jordan2 we have 300mbps and have no problems with it buffering.  There are times when there are two televisions streaming, a tablet connected and a computer going all at the same time.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

That $64.99 a month includes the ability to have a total of 6 accounts running off it under family share.

I have my own account, my husband has his and we are/were able to invite our daughter and son-in-law to each have their own accounts even though they are not living in the same house as us.

No one sees what the other has watched or is watching and no one has to wade through someone elses programs to find theirs.