Respected Contributor

Re: ••• Cable Networks Speeding Up Your Favorite Shows To Squeeze In More Ads •••

This comes as no surprise, and how annoying it will be when DVRing everything already to avoid commercials... only to find most yakking at warp speed and talking over each other to get their point across. Now they're actually speeding that noise up to voice distortion levels, too?

The ad pushing is out of control. TV, radio, internet, magazines, movie theaters, newspapers, billboards, junk mail, telemarketing... Overkill.

More of the money needs to go into the quality of the products and services being pushed down our throats constantly.

Respected Contributor

Re: ••• Cable Networks Speeding Up Your Favorite Shows To Squeeze In More Ads •••

Thanks for the posts.

I never heard of this being done before.

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Honored Contributor

It looks like they may be working their way to having premium channels only if you want to watch commercial free television with actual real time audio. This is not something new as delayed audio has been common place not only on cable channels but the major networks also or sometime now. I figured they were experimenting with something for some time now and it looks like this may be the result of some of their experimentations. Technology can be both good and bad and in this case it is another indication of what can be bad about newer technology.
hckynut(john)
Super Contributor

This is why I don't watch shows on major network channels. The commercials get on my nerves!! I don't watch any "series" until they are off the air and I can marathon watch them! Doesn't matter I got rid of my cable, cut that cord from around my neck! $160 richer.{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Honored Contributor

Same thing is being done on radio. Speed up the songs to make more room for commercials.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.