Esteemed Contributor

When I escape from cabin fever, it can be very expensive in retail therapy!!

Esteemed Contributor

So, all those Hallmark channel movies and others where folks are stranded for days together in adverse weather are just a bunch of hooey? No romance, no desire to just be with one another?

I would not survive that cold weather. I think those of you who do live where it's very cold are special folks.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

The terrier and I just came back from a two mile walk. We had to trace our same route twice - since it was the area where the sidewalks were best plowed.

It's been snowing since Noon, but it's 20 degrees - a HEAT WAVE - since yesterday was minus 8 for most of the day.

It felt like walking in sand on a beach - that's what I tried to convince myself!

Honored Contributor

I love snow and at this moment it looks beautiful outside. We went to an early afternoon showing of Still Alice, (wonderful performance) then picked up a pizza. My husband watched basketball while the dog and I played in the snow.

Super Contributor

I am so sick of it and I feel depressed. At this point I feel spring will never com

Respected Contributor
On 2/21/2015 Love Roses said:

So, all those Hallmark channel movies and others where folks are stranded for days together in adverse weather are just a bunch of hooey?

yes!! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor
On 2/21/2015 daisey10 said:

I am so sick of it and I feel depressed. At this point I feel spring will never com

My lilac bushes outside my bedroom windows are under seven feet of snow. The man who plows our parking lot had no other place to put the snow.

I have my fingers crossed that they will survive!

Honored Contributor
On 2/21/2015 terrier3 said:

My lilac bushes outside my bedroom windows are under seven feet of snow. The man who plows our parking lot had no other place to put the snow.

Agh. Can you knock some of the snow off the lilacs with a broom, terrier?

Honored Contributor
On 2/21/2015 tansy said:

Agh. Can you knock some of the snow off the lilacs with a broom, terrier?

No. They are totally encased in snow that has been there for over 3 weeks...

Respected Contributor

Hopefully, they'll be OK, terrier.

I had some pretty delicate bushes right outside my office window that were routinely plowed over with snow every winter and they were always fine. Maybe a few broken branches but they always came back and thrived.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent