Honored Contributor

The Q could save some big money, we could save time, if there was no Q channel! Maybe the entire inventory should be online only. Give us a TSV & let us shop online at our leisure. Dream about no more hosts (no more salaries for Q), no infomercial presentations (ahhh!), no expensive set designs, no overhead....just an online website!!!

Honored Contributor

Amazon anyone?

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

The Q could save some big money, we could save time, if there was no Q channel! Maybe the entire inventory should be online only. Give us a TSV & let us shop online at our leisure. Dream about no more hosts (no more salaries for Q), no infomercial presentations (ahhh!), no expensive set designs, no overhead....just an online website!!!

So do that now. You don't have to watch QVC on TV, just shop the website like any other. That's mostly what I do. No one is forcing you to watch QVC on TV, so I don't know how this would save you time.

Respected Contributor

Personally I prefer to watch the presentations and base my decision on whether I want to purchase or not.  As the other poster said, you have that choice not to watch.  I'm sure if that's the way they wanted to go, it would be that way now. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Dream about hundreds if not thousands of hosts, stage hands, on air support staff, audio and video people, camera men/women, producers, vendors, reduced need for local hotel rooms and restaurants, no staff needed for studio tours, no kitchen staff needed to prep for food presentations, no purveyors to supply the kitchen, no carpenters for set designs, and who knows how many others from Q and community businesses that thrive because of Q's TV studios standing in unemployment lines just to make a very few people happy--people that could "save time" by simply turning off the TV and going online right now at qvc.com.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

This  is a service to many people who are shut-ins or don't live near a mall. Feel free not to watch, but don't deprive others of this service

Esteemed Contributor

Re: CYBER Q ONLY

[ Edited ]

I have been to the QVC studios and think the overhead must be enourmous.  Not just in all the salaries, but the utilities, insurance, property taxes, and all that.  That being said, I am sure QVC can well afford it.

The only reason I like to watch QVC is because I like to actually see the clothing on a real moving body.  I can not tell how something would fit me based on a photo.  I like to see jewelry from more than one angle.

Things like kitchen stuff and electronics I rarely buy from QVC.  Makeup and skin care can also be purchased elsewhere, sometimes for less, once I find what I like and try it from QVC.

I do not buy any Christmas gifts from QVC.  There is nothing the people I buy for would want from QVC.  I have not been watching lately.

Not at all.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

Cyber has a different connotation that ON LiNE shopping, QVC is a great companion for many people. There are many many on line shopping sites and I do not think QVC will ever become one.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

Re: CYBER Q ONLY

[ Edited ]

I would not like online only.  The item looks different from the online photo vs the online video vs my TV screen.  If available, I look at all 3 to  help me decide if I wish to purchase.

Honored Contributor

No thanks...........I actually like the live chatter.......and flesh & blood hosts, vendors,  and models.

♥Surface of the Sun♥