Trusted Contributor

Re: CUSTOMERS WHO BOUGHT THIS ALSO.....

wrote:

@Shanus I have noticed this too but it happens everywhere I shop now.I can be on a site looking at something and then low and behold if those items don't follow all of my later browsing.

I find this kind of annoying.  First of all, it reminds me of things I haven't purchased, and had tried to put out of my mind.  I actually have ordered from these " reminders" and so, obviously it's a good selling ploy.  Secondly, though, my husband uses this computer and he sees what I've been looking at.  Now he knows what I'm thinking of buying. I'd rather he didn't.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

@Shanus I have noticed this too but it happens everywhere I shop now.I can be on a site looking at something and then low and behold if those items don't follow all of my later browsing.

I find this kind of annoying.  First of all, it reminds me of things I haven't purchased, and had tried to put out of my mind.  I actually have ordered from these " reminders" and so, obviously it's a good selling ploy.  Secondly, though, my husband uses this computer and he sees what I've been looking at.  Now he knows what I'm thinking of buying. I'd rather he didn't.

@blueroses47  I do agree with the first part, but it doesn’t bother me if my husband thinks or knows what I purchase.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

Yes, it’s shocking and irksome that a website whose sole purpose is to sell merchandise would “desperately” use some means to try to sell even more merchandise.  Even stuff unrelated to anything you’ve browsed recently. Just to sell more!

A real head scratcher...

@gizmogal

LOL .....  boggles the mind what others feel the need to get offended by .....  this seems pretty common with online retailers .... a real head scratcher .....  LOL

Honored Contributor

wrote:

B & M stores do that as well. Why do you think there is all that stuff by the line where you wait to check out? Last minute candy bar maybe? Did you forget a magazine? Need lip balm? 

@shopperqvc

One more thing .....  even if you don't grab any of those impulse items ..... standing in the check out line is also known as the "buyer's remorse moments", when people look in their carts and think "do I really need this thing?".  So, in an effort to distract you from the stuff in your cart, they put all sorts of "distractions" in that line, hoping you won't notice what you've accumulated until you're throwing it on the conveyor belt.   

For some people, it actually works.

Respected Contributor

what's worse to me is if I look at anything on sites say like JTV they somehow are able to post ads on my husbands phone of what I looked at!Smiley Surprised

Honored Contributor

wrote:

what's worse to me is if I look at anything on sites say like JTV they somehow are able to post ads on my husbands phone of what I looked at!Smiley Surprised

Well, that seems to be going a bit far!  Man Surprised

Esteemed Contributor

I have seen this on many other websites. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

@blueroses47  I do agree with the first part, but it doesn’t bother me if my husband thinks or knows what I purchase.

My husband can be a real pain sometimes.  It doesn't stop me from buying, though.  It's my money, so I do what I like, I just try to spare myself his negativity.

It's  our 33rd wedding anniversary today, by the way, so I guess that's says something for the coping skills I've learned over the years.

Honored Contributor

@blueroses47

wrote:

wrote:

Maybe your DH will think of those items as your wish list and purchase from it for special occasions.I have to admit those reminders are like voices in my head that won't go away and eventually I will cave..I am sorry When they let me know that my size has sold out ...that's when I know i missed something good because everyone else wanted it.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44. Wow! Lots of colors!