Honored Contributor

Re: CUSTOMER REVIEWS NEGATIVE "LIKE GRANDMA"OFFENSIVE

@Nonametoday wrote:

@faeriemoon 

why could we not say it is not tailored nor designed according to modern-day fashion and much of it looks like something worn in the distant past. Or, are we too busy and too self-serving to only think of getting something done quickly and not thinking of others' feelings.

@Nonametoday   Oh please!!!

LOL Fashions come and go-what was in the "distant past" comes around to "modern-day fashion" and modern day fashion becomes the past.

Sheesh already.  Now those who are not offended are unthinking and uncaring about the feelings of others-because some grandmas are dowdy and smell, supposedly.

And I am a non-smelling grandma and what I wear is what I wear.

*sniffs underarms*  All  good. 

If one is offended, shop for your clothes elsewhere .

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@catnip714 

You sound like a twelve year old who wants everyone to agree with whatever you say or do. 
If you're offended, then you report it and leave the rest of us non sheep out of it. 

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

@50Mickey wrote:

I am confused. Are you saying if someone reviews a dress and says it looks like grandma dress this is offensive? Otherwise I don't get the gist of your post. Either way I am a grandma and I 

don't find anything offensive about saying something looks like a grandma dress or a grandma hairdo or whatever. It's just a comment that has been around for years. No big deal to me anyway. I won't be reporting. 

@50Mickey 

Grandma is not used in an endearing way and very disparaging, especially when it comes to odors of Grandma's body, and if you are a grandma, you certainly have it whether you know it or not unless you are doing certain things to preven it, among which is bathing frequently, shampooing daily, and a litany of other requirements.

@Nonametoday    Whaaaa???  So only grandmas have body odor while non-grandmas do not need to bath frequently etc. etc. etc???

I'd laugh at this if it wasn't so ridiculous.

@50Mickey   That's not what I said.  You made that  up.

She made nothing up. Your comments are offensive @Nonametoday .

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

The entire world has gone insane.  Woman Surprised

Was just thinking that.  The investment and time that will be spent on this makes one wonder.  

Respected Contributor

This whole thread........

Violet Reaction GIF by Murdoch Mysteries

Respected Contributor

@catnip714 wrote:

Please, everybody, Report any negative reviews on anything saying "like grandma",or

any other member of a family. It's hurtful and offensive.Why must we endure the people

who did not like their grandmothers? I loved my grandmothers.If they don't like it, they don't like it, why must it look like "grandma", or smell like "grandma".It should be left out of the reviews as OFFENSIVE, like any other group of people.I have reported this to customer service, yet it is still happening.If grandmas hit "Report", it will stop.

@catnip714  You're free to take offense at whatever you choose to be offended by.  But don't be surprised when others, like me, are not similarly offended -- especially when it's obvious that no offense was intended.  We are people of diverse opinions here.

Esteemed Contributor

Would "coastal grandma" be offensive? That's a term used to describe a certain type of fashion. I don't understand the saying myself. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Esteemed Contributor

I am rarely speechless.......................

Esteemed Contributor

Oh My Grandma!

These boards never cease to amaze and delight me!

Esteemed Contributor

@pupwhipped  LOL!!!!