Honored Contributor

Re: CUSTOMER REVIEWS NEGATIVE "LIKE GRANDMA"OFFENSIVE

What's the item number?

They probably just meant to say it looks matronly.  I don't know why they had to bring Grandma into it.  Smiley Mad

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@50Mickey wrote:

I am confused. Are you saying if someone reviews a dress and says it looks like grandma dress this is offensive? Otherwise I don't get the gist of your post. Either way I am a grandma and I 

don't find anything offensive about saying something looks like a grandma dress or a grandma hairdo or whatever. It's just a comment that has been around for years. No big deal to me anyway. I won't be reporting. 

@50Mickey 

Grandma is not used in an endearing way and very disparaging, especially when it comes to odors of Grandma's body, and if you are a grandma, you certainly have it whether you know it or not unless you are doing certain things to preven it, among which is bathing frequently, shampooing daily, and a litany of other requirements.

@Nonametoday    Whaaaa???  So only grandmas have body odor while non-grandmas do not need to bath frequently etc. etc. etc???

I'd laugh at this if it wasn't so ridiculous.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday 

" it is not tailored nor designed according to modern-day fashion and much of it looks like something worn in the distant past" = grandma-like!!

It's just an expression.

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

@50Mickey wrote:

I am confused. Are you saying if someone reviews a dress and says it looks like grandma dress this is offensive? Otherwise I don't get the gist of your post. Either way I am a grandma and I 

don't find anything offensive about saying something looks like a grandma dress or a grandma hairdo or whatever. It's just a comment that has been around for years. No big deal to me anyway. I won't be reporting. 

@50Mickey 

Grandma is not used in an endearing way and very disparaging, especially when it comes to odors of Grandma's body, and if you are a grandma, you certainly have it whether you know it or not unless you are doing certain things to preven it, among which is bathing frequently, shampooing daily, and a litany of other requirements.

@Nonametoday    Whaaaa???  So only grandmas have body odor while non-grandmas do not need to bath frequently etc. etc. etc???

I'd laugh at this if it wasn't so ridiculous.

@50Mickey   That's not what I said.  You made that  up.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Nonametoday 

" it is not tailored nor designed according to modern-day fashion and much of it looks like something worn in the distant past" = grandma-like!!

It's just an expression.

@faeriemoon 

Queer is just an expression also but we are not allowed to disparage gay people or lesbians in such manner.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@tends2dogs wrote:

This is a joke, right????

@tends2dogs 

No joke about it but as we age we do have a very "distinct" odor that is perhaps not pleasant to most people with sensitive noses.  There is a lot of discussion of that in a blog called women over fifty network and you can eliminate the spaces and backspace and backslash and dont smell like an old lady.  Add dashes inbetween those words.  There are many reasons and it has to do with aging and hormones, our activities, our lifestyle, diet and other reasons.  Just go to that network, and see for yourself.  I try to do those things enumerated therein, but my husband, who has dementia, does not understand.  Also, the medicines we take can cause us to have bad breath, due to dry mouth and otherwise, the lack of daily bathroom situations can cause bad breath, etc. It's all there. 

This is really weird.  Just sayin'... 

Esteemed Contributor

Totally understand your request. It would be offensive if you said it looked like  fat people, skinnny, ugly people, gay, old, bald people , hillbillies, Karens, etc .the list is endless.  There are plenty of negative adjectives and adverbs to describe an awful item in a review.

Honored Contributor

The entire world has gone insane.  Woman Surprised

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Nonametoday 

It's just an expression.

@faeriemoon 

Queer is just an expression also but we are not allowed to disparage gay people or lesbians in such manner.

@Nonametoday  Actually, "queer" is acceptable these days.

Honored Contributor

@catnip714 wrote:

Please, everybody, Report any negative reviews on anything saying "like grandma",or

any other member of a family. It's hurtful and offensive.Why must we endure the people

who did not like their grandmothers? I loved my grandmothers.If they don't like it, they don't like it, why must it look like "grandma", or smell like "grandma".It should be left out of the reviews as OFFENSIVE, like any other group of people.I have reported this to customer service, yet it is still happening.If grandmas hit "Report", it will stop.

@catnip714   Seriously?

Aw, a new recruit to the land of the offended.

I'd laugh at those reviews and cannot imagine reporting them and posting here about therm.

Have your opinion, certainly.  Yet do not expect people to follow you in step. 

You do you and let others be.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh