Respected Contributor

Re: CUSTOMER REVIEWS NEGATIVE "LIKE GRANDMA"OFFENSIVE

STOP, THE. MADDNESS.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

I'll never forget in Walmart I was around this guy had a cowboy hat on probably in 60's that stunk to high heaven. Don't know if he was just coming in off doing outside chores or what.

Phew ! I got a nose like a beagle I turned around to see where the stink was coming from I could smell a person before he even got that close to me in the aisle.  That guy smelled like a skunk roadkill and left in the sun to marinate.

Sweat, bad breathe the whole 9 yards. I raced up the aisle and went over to the next. Figured when he left the first aisle I could double back. I was looking around the 2nd aisle and trying to catch my breathe and he was behind me. I raced up that aisle and went back to the first aisle.  Peppy La Phew had nothing on this fellow.  I wouldn't go out on the front step smelling like that let alone in the public.

Hope he wasn't married !  Poor woman................

tenor-2.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

Welcome to Mama's Family.  LOL

Mama's Family (1983)

That what my grandma looked in the 50s.  😂.  Except with slippers and an apron. 

How I loved her ❤️

Trusted Contributor

Well, I used to dress like a grandma back in the late 60s when I was 18.

I had several "granny dresses" and looked really cute!  Anyone else remember those?  Granny boots, too.

Just thought I would go in a different direction in responding to this thread.  Why must some people take everything so seriously?!

Honored Contributor

Oh, DEAR GUSSIE!  Someone please tell me I did not just spend 15 minutes reading 10 pages of comments.

I need another glass of wine.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Valued Contributor

Is there anything anyone can say these day's without offending someone?

Esteemed Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

Oh, DEAR GUSSIE!  Someone please tell me I did not just spend 15 minutes reading 10 pages of comments.

I need another glass of wine.

@SurferWife 

ROFL.  I am not lying. Your comment actually made me laugh out loud, because I did the same thing. 

Honored Contributor

@catnip714 wrote:

Please, everybody, Report any negative reviews on anything saying "like grandma",or

any other member of a family. It's hurtful and offensive.Why must we endure the people

who did not like their grandmothers? I loved my grandmothers.If they don't like it, they don't like it, why must it look like "grandma", or smell like "grandma".It should be left out of the reviews as OFFENSIVE, like any other group of people.I have reported this to customer service, yet it is still happening.If grandmas hit "Report", it will stop.

@catnip714  Get a tougher skin and stop being so easily offended.

I would not "report" any such thing as you are requesting.

Trusted Contributor

@namealreadytaken... I know what "odor" you're talking about...like when you walk into a nursing home...but as for me, at 74, if l smelled like that my siblings would be sure to tell me...so maybe you have an "odor" but l don't !!!!!! Yikes!!!
Honored Contributor

And of course,no reply from the OP.