Respected Contributor

Re: CUSTOMER REVIEWS NEGATIVE "LIKE GRANDMA"OFFENSIVE

@wilma wrote:

What a thread! Thanks for the laughs! I needed some.

For the record, both my grandmothers and a single aunt lived with us. We used endearing nicknames instead of "grandma" or "aunt". My grandmothers dressed in house dresses and lace Oxford heeled shoes. They wore aprons over their dresses when they cooked and baked our wonderful meals & desserts. My aunt dressed in nice suits and dresses with pumps because she was still working in an office. Always thought she looked nice.

All 3 women liked to spoil us. 👍

It was really difficult to get away with anything with my mom, 2 grandmothers, and an aunt living with us. Lots of eyes on us. 👀

It was crowded and we only had 1 tub/shower. I remember how excited everyone was when Dad finally put in a half bath. Didn't have to wait so long for a toilet. 😳

What a life we had growing up with them! Wouldn't change it for the world! 🥰

(I don't really remember any odors. I have noticed odors in nursing homes, though.)

@wilma  Loved reading this 👵👩👵

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Trusted Contributor

I didn't have a Grandma but I had a great Aunt that was sort of like a Grandma. She lived in the country and they had a well and guinea hens that roosted in the trees at night. She also had a PARTY LINE which provided amusement..........LOL.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The only odors I remember around my elderly relatives was Chanel #5 and Cashmere Bouquet talcum powder my great aunt wore everyday. The odors in nursing homes iare due to the crappy staff workers who do not keep residents in good shape, hygiene-wise. 

Frequent Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

The entire world has gone insane.  Woman Surprised

lol @Sooner !

sometimes I think that too!

Super Contributor

@50Mickey and @namealreadyraken

i agree with both of you. I find it very insulting. The only thing "grandma" about me is my age. NOT the way I dress, look or feel

Frequent Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

Would "coastal grandma" be offensive? That's a term used to describe a certain type of fashion. I don't understand the saying myself. 

@teganslaw @I've been hearing "coastal grandma" too but not sure what it's supposed to describe.

btw  ❤️LOVE your siggy "The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."Mark Twain

Frequent Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

A review is what the author thinks and everyone has their own individual taste and likes and dislikes and opinion..so the so called "grandmother" reviews are valid!

The ones that are NOT acceptable according to the Review Guidelines are those that involve shipment or delivery issues, or expressing disappointment that a particular size of color is sold out, or those where they have not even received the product yet. ...these are the types of reviews that should be reported. 

great point @Spurt ! 👍

Respected Contributor

I just saw this again and can't believe it is still an active thread. Just leave grandma alone. I saw someone referred to an item as looking " too old lady" a few days ago...it will always continue. It is just assumed no one over 50 knows how to dress.