Occasional Contributor

CUSTOMER REVIEWS NEGATIVE "LIKE GRANDMA"OFFENSIVE

Please, everybody, Report any negative reviews on anything saying "like grandma",or

any other member of a family. It's hurtful and offensive.Why must we endure the people

who did not like their grandmothers? I loved my grandmothers.If they don't like it, they don't like it, why must it look like "grandma", or smell like "grandma".It should be left out of the reviews as OFFENSIVE, like any other group of people.I have reported this to customer service, yet it is still happening.If grandmas hit "Report", it will stop.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: CUSTOMER REVIEWS NEGATIVE "LIKE GRANDMA"OFFENSIVE

This is a joke, right????

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@catnip714    I have no idea what you're talking about.  I do know that reporting something doesn't necessarily mean it will stop.  Not everyone agrees with your opinion.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

ITA! I do think it is disrespectful to disparage an item or idea by calling it "grandma" or something " grandma would wear". When it is meant as an insult. I happen to be a grandmother of 8 and think I dress pretty well....and that is according to my kids who can be my worst critics...the ultimate insult was "Mom, you look like a teacher! Don't wear that!." 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tends2dogs wrote:

This is a joke, right????

@tends2dogs 

No joke about it but as we age we do have a very "distinct" odor that is perhaps not pleasant to most people with sensitive noses.  There is a lot of discussion of that in a blog called women over fifty network and you can eliminate the spaces and backspace and backslash and dont smell like an old lady.  Add dashes inbetween those words.  There are many reasons and it has to do with aging and hormones, our activities, our lifestyle, diet and other reasons.  Just go to that network, and see for yourself.  I try to do those things enumerated therein, but my husband, who has dementia, does not understand.  Also, the medicines we take can cause us to have bad breath, due to dry mouth and otherwise, the lack of daily bathroom situations can cause bad breath, etc. It's all there. 

Respected Contributor

I am confused. Are you saying if someone reviews a dress and says it looks like grandma dress this is offensive? Otherwise I don't get the gist of your post. Either way I am a grandma and I 

don't find anything offensive about saying something looks like a grandma dress or a grandma hairdo or whatever. It's just a comment that has been around for years. No big deal to me anyway. I won't be reporting. 

Honored Contributor

Can I just say I AM a grandmother (a cool one) and I would be the first person to describe most of the Q clothing as "grandma-like".  It's dowdy and I wouldn't wear most of it.  However, it is possible to find fashionable things on the Q if you look hard enough.  I just gloss over the grandma qrap.

Life is too short to be offended by everything.  Move on.

Honored Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

I am confused. Are you saying if someone reviews a dress and says it looks like grandma dress this is offensive? Otherwise I don't get the gist of your post. Either way I am a grandma and I 

don't find anything offensive about saying something looks like a grandma dress or a grandma hairdo or whatever. It's just a comment that has been around for years. No big deal to me anyway. I won't be reporting. 

@50Mickey 

Grandma is not used in an endearing way and very disparaging, especially when it comes to odors of Grandma's body, and if you are a grandma, you certainly have it whether you know it or not unless you are doing certain things to preven it, among which is bathing frequently, shampooing daily, and a litany of other requirements.

Honored Contributor

I don't think you need to tell others what to report or not report.  They don't look at those reports any way.  

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon 

why could we not say it is not tailored nor designed according to modern-day fashion and much of it looks like something worn in the distant past. Or, are we too busy and too self-serving to only think of getting something done quickly and not thinking of others' feelings.