Trusted Contributor

I was rooting for Chicago to win.  So happy they did!  They deserve it, for sure!  Well done!!!

Maybe the Cubs should give the Phillies some tips on how to be winners again  Smiley Wink

CONGRATS CUBS!!!

Honored Contributor

@bri20 wrote:

What a way to win it!   Best 17 minute rain delay ever.  They regrouped and came back stronger. 

My neighbors were shooting fireworks til 1am.   Lol

I'm so happy for Chicago 

That wasn't a rain delay.  That was divine intervention. Woman Wink

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

That has to have been the most exciting baseball game I've ever seen...............so happy my Cubbies won!!!!

Honored Contributor

HOLY COW!!!!!  THE CUBS WON THE WORLD SERIES!!!!!!!!

OMG....I just bought t-shirts for the whole family....wooHOO!!!!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@momtochloe - Have you seen Will do the Harry skit talking about Mr. Whiskers and the moon???  It is sooooo hilarious!!!! I gotta go to YouTube and see if it's there.....

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@spix wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

My neighborhood just erupted at 11:45 and I couldn't figure out what the heck was going on as I thought the game was long over.  There were more fireworks set off than the Fourth of July . . . Smiley Happy

Congratulations Cubbies on a job well done and sincere and heartfelt thanks to the Cleveland Indians for a great series and a touching and classy congratulations message:

Through everything, our guys never gave up.

But our storybook season falls just short.

Congrats to Chicago. #RallyTogether

@momtochloe, my neighborhood in Chicago was the same, what a night!

@spix I live in the western suburbs and I have never heard a commotion like last night!  My only concern is there is one family that is very fond of fireworks and they were going off for quite a while and all of a sudden I saw emergency vehicle lights in my window and they were in front of their house . . . I hope everybody is ok . . . Smiley Sad

@momtochloe, sometimes they get out of hand, hope no one was hurt, maybe someone called it in because they are illegal

My DD & grands live in Batavia, might be near where you're at, I'm in Chicago but near O'Hare so pretty far removed from the hullaboo at Wrigley Field, but we did live there when first married.

Honored Contributor

@MickD wrote:

@momtochloe - Have you seen Will do the Harry skit talking about Mr. Whiskers and the moon???  It is sooooo hilarious!!!! I gotta go to YouTube and see if it's there.....

Oh my goodness @MickD that Mr. Whiskers skit is a classic (and yes it is on YouTube).  My other favorite is the planet one and also the hotdog one . .  . . such a great laughs!

Honored Contributor

@spix wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@spix wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

My neighborhood just erupted at 11:45 and I couldn't figure out what the heck was going on as I thought the game was long over.  There were more fireworks set off than the Fourth of July . . . Smiley Happy

Congratulations Cubbies on a job well done and sincere and heartfelt thanks to the Cleveland Indians for a great series and a touching and classy congratulations message:

Through everything, our guys never gave up.

But our storybook season falls just short.

Congrats to Chicago. #RallyTogether

@momtochloe, my neighborhood in Chicago was the same, what a night!

@spix I live in the western suburbs and I have never heard a commotion like last night!  My only concern is there is one family that is very fond of fireworks and they were going off for quite a while and all of a sudden I saw emergency vehicle lights in my window and they were in front of their house . . . I hope everybody is ok . . . Smiley Sad

@momtochloe, sometimes they get out of hand, hope no one was hurt, maybe someone called it in because they are illegal

My DD & grands live in Batavia, might be near where you're at, I'm in Chicago but near O'Hare so pretty far removed from the hullaboo at Wrigley Field, but we did live there when first married.

I don't know what happened @spix but once the emergency vehicles arrived, the squad cars left shortly after leaving the paramedics but I didn't see anyone acting with any urgency.  I don't know if one of the kids injured themselves with the fireworks or if there was another medical emergency but I hope all is well now.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva  I understand exactly how you feel.  I could not even think about a loss.   I'm so sure I would have cried, my sister said the same thing. 

Honored Contributor

@SoX wrote:

Even Sox fans (myself included) were pulling for the Cubs!   Now we have matching trophies!

Cubs fans celebrate World Series win

@SoX

Thanks for this photo, I love it, especially the Wrigley sign which is so vintage looking Smiley Happy