Respected Contributor

What a way to win it!   Best 17 minute rain delay ever.  They regrouped and came back stronger. 

My neighbors were shooting fireworks til 1am.   Lol

I'm so happy for Chicago 

Honored Contributor

Image result for congrats to chicago cubs pics

Honored Contributor

Thank you, Noel7, for starting this thread.  CONGRATULATIONS CUBS!!!!!  Well deserved is right!  But, congratulations to the Cleveland Indians too......great team.  Both are winners but CUBS ARE CHAMPS!!!!  As mentioned, it was the BEST World Series ever!!!!  Excitement in Chicago.......city will shutdown to celebrate!

Honored Contributor

Yay Cubbies!!!!!!!I am in Wisconsin, but am only about 1 1/2 hours from Chicago!!! I am so happy for them! What a game!

Esteemed Contributor

CONGRATULATIONS to the CUBS.  Both teams did an amazing job. 

Honored Contributor

Congratulations to all you Cubs fans!!  

Cleveland....next year or this year's NBA repeat  Smiley SadSmiley Very Happy

I know I just lost my GM for the next week.  I'm sure he's already on the road to the victory parade along with the rest of the country.  

And I don't even want to see the championship merchandise sales totals.  I don't think mathematics has that many zeroes.    

So all we need is to get Buffalo a Superbowl win and then most everything should be back to fair in the sports world, right?  Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Even Sox fans (myself included) were pulling for the Cubs!   Now we have matching trophies!

Cubs fans celebrate World Series win

Esteemed Contributor

What a great game & overall WS!  WAY TO GO CUBBIES!!!!!!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Trusted Contributor

It is a HUGE, momentous occasion for the Chicago area, the Cubs haven't won a World Series since 1908. People were setting off fire crackers,& driving down the street honking their horns. I have a creek that runs in front of my townhouse, across the creek is the parking lot for the local sports bar. Last night, the parking lot was full. I'm sure every sports bar in the Chicagoland area was packed last night.

I stood out on my balcony after it was announced the Cubs had won, you could hear the people at the sports bar cheering, yelling, & screaming in the parking lot.

The Cleveland Indians deserve recognition as well. It's not as sweet as winning the World Series, but the team did one heck of a job making it TO the World Series. (they haven't won since 1948)

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@walker wrote:

Thank you, Noel7, for starting this thread.  CONGRATULATIONS CUBS!!!!!  Well deserved is right!  But, congratulations to the Cleveland Indians too......great team.  Both are winners but CUBS ARE CHAMPS!!!!  As mentioned, it was the BEST World Series ever!!!!  Excitement in Chicago.......city will shutdown to celebrate!

That's what my son said. He & his friends went to the victory parade when the Blackhawks won their trophy. He said that it was estimated that one million people were in the city that day. Because it's been 108 years since the Cubs have won a World Series, my son told me the attendance projections for this victory parade are fifteen million people attending.