Honored Contributor

Re: CPSC Recall Kidde Plastic Handle Fire Extinguishers!

@ROMARY wrote:

I haven't clicked onto the link.  Mine are a few years old, and I'll be purchasing new ones.   Just wondering: Might it be easier to return to the (large nation-wide stores) store and get a replacement there??  Bring a copy of the list of defective models, etc.  Just a thought.   Around here, the stores take back and replace recalls or give a refund with receipt.   p.s.  I'm the one who saves all receipts.   Tape it to the inside of the box, etc.   Just in case.    Let's hope that we never have to use a fire extinguisher.  Kidde is one of the best or the best, very sturdy and reliable. 

Contact Kidde so you can get your replacement in the mail. They want to probably keep track of all of the defective ones. In fact the store might tell you to go back to the company for this matter especially if the extinguisher with its receipt is several years old.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

We received our two replacement extinguishers this afternoon. I was impressed with how quickly they came considering the number of extinguishers recalled. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Super Contributor

What were the instructions on getting rid of the old fire extinguishers? Do we have to send them back to them?

Honored Contributor

@shiloh 81 wrote:

What were the instructions on getting rid of the old fire extinguishers? Do we have to send them back to them?

@shiloh 81- you put the old extinguisher in the shipping box the new one comes in. Tape it up and put the return address label on it that they include with the new one. Drop it off at a Fed Ex drop off location. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Super Contributor

Thanks for the info😊 I'm wondering if I can call FedEx to come pick up at my home. The closest FedEx is an hour away.