Honored Contributor

Re: COnsumer Reports Grocery Store survey

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Moonchilde and @Noel7 In the last two months I have stopped drinking soda and switched to seltzer water. I have already lost ten pounds and feel  so much better. I see a dietitian and she doesn't mind the two teaspoons of sugar in my mug of coffee per day, for now.

I drink Polar brand which is made in my state of Massachusetts, they have really delicious varieties of flavors too. I can buy a six pack for $1.69 or a litre bottle for about $.69 .79

I just don't like it. I've tried many varieties and don't bother any more. I'll always drink carbonated (diet) sodas because the alternatives of water and iced tea when I'm eating out don't appeal - but I drink far less carbonated soda these days than I used to, and I never drank a lot. These days, one in a day but not every day. 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I live on the east coast, the only stores available to me are Super Wal-Mart and Stop & Shop, I like them both. 

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Moonchilde and @Noel7 In the last two months I have stopped drinking soda and switched to seltzer water. I have already lost ten pounds and feel  so much better. I see a dietitian and she doesn't mind the two teaspoons of sugar in my mug of coffee per day, for now.

I drink Polar brand which is made in my state of Massachusetts, they have really delicious varieties of flavors too. I can buy a six pack for $1.69 or a litre bottle for about $.69 .79

I just don't like it. I've tried many varieties and don't bother any more. I'll always drink carbonated (diet) sodas because the alternatives of water and iced tea when I'm eating out don't appeal - but I drink far less carbonated soda these days than I used to, and I never drank a lot. These days, one in a day but not every day. 

@Moonchilde  @JaneMarple

I drink about one soda a year.  I get a craving, lol.  Usually I don't like carbonation, but there are sparkling waters that aren't bad at all.  I bought a water infuser, going to try that with fruit.

I usually drink tea, coffee one cup a day, that's about it.  I've learned to love ice water... that took a long time Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

I love TJ's. I just received my Fearless Flyer today. The Mango Sticky Rice Spring Rolls sound good. I'm going to try them. I have quite a list going. While I am there, I am going to treat myself to a bunch of 13 roses for $5.99. 

If anyone is interested, they have a Blueberry & Acai Facial Scrub that is wonderful. I really like it.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

@Noel7   I had the spatchcocked chicken on my list.  I'll want to get those spring rolls, too.  

I'll also be picking up a few more jars of the corn and chili salsa.  The more I eat this...the more I like it!  It has a long shelf life, and I know in the past, some of my TJ's favorites have been hard to find.  It seems they become everyone else's favorites, too. 

Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer wrote:

I love TJ's. I just received my Fearless Flyer today. The Mango Sticky Rice Spring Rolls sound good. I'm going to try them. I have quite a list going. While I am there, I am going to treat myself to a bunch of 13 roses for $5.99. 

If anyone is interested, they have a Blueberry & Acai Facial Scrub that is wonderful. I really like it.

I am interested.  I love the facial cleanser and they also have a very good sunscreen.  Sometimes I forget to check out what's new in the beauty aisle. 

Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

@Noel7   I had the spatchcocked chicken on my list.  I'll want to get those spring rolls, too.  

I'll also be picking up a few more jars of the corn and chili salsa.  The more I eat this...the more I like it!  It has a long shelf life, and I know in the past, some of my TJ's favorites have been hard to find.  It seems they become everyone else's favorites, too. 

Those two items sound so good @september and @Noel7, I get so bored with food now. It will be great to try something new, I love spring rolls. The one drawback is going to the nearest TJ's, it's about 25 miles away in Hyannis. This time of year traffic is heavy and the parking lot is small.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Giant Food and Safeway I believe are primarily on the East Coast.  I live in Va and they are both in Va.  

I used to only shop at Giant Food now I only shop at Harris Teeter (which I believe might be mainly on East Coast).  I know they aren't in Denver.

I've never been in Alde (I think that's how you spell it).  However, my friend has and she said it stinks really bad in two of the one's she been into.  She said they were very dirty.

Honored Contributor

I just got the Blueberry Scrub the other day, I'll try it tomorrow, it smells wonderful!

DD picked up the Mango sticky rice spring rolls, she wants to fix them in the air fryer, I'll let you know.

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@september wrote:

Those two items sound so good @september and @Noel7, I get so bored with food now. It will be great to try something new, I love spring rolls. The one drawback is going to the nearest TJ's, it's about 25 miles away in Hyannis. This time of year traffic is heavy and the parking lot is small.

I'm in a tourist area, too and have to drive to get to either of the two stores near me.  I have good luck with being there as soon as they open.  9 am!