Honored Contributor

Re: COVID has entered my home and I am PO'd.

@FiddleDeeDee wrote:

Walmart son came home around 2 am from his shift and texted me "don't feel so good. CHills, muscle aches, exhausted, sore throat. Could it be covid?"  So when I woke up and saw it I thought "lets find out".

Bottom line, he does. Testing took an hour or so and we have all the paperwork. Luckily, he is the super healthy one and is the only one that could get the vaccine if offered (discussed this in another thread). He had ZERO symptoms until 12 hours ago. No coughing, no phlegm; truly looks like the flu but we know better. The way our house is designed, he has his own wing with a private bath so easy to keep everyone away from him. Food, wipes, more masks, toothbrushes, etc are left outside his door on a little table and we text him when it's there. 

He notified his boss and now 35 people are out on quarantine.

DH is now home and his office mates are all quarantined until he can get tested. 

I notified HR and now all in my office at the hospital have to be quarantined until I can get tested. Patients have to be notified as well. Freaking NIGHTMARE for so many.

We won't be celebrating Christmas this year because he won't be able to join us so....when he's well, we'll have Christmas in January, 2021.

@FiddleDeeDee @Use disposable plates, forks, spoons, plastic cups and leave him an empty trash bag.

Honored Contributor

@FiddleDeeDee, I'm sorry that your son is infected. He is probably young and strong, so I bet recovers easily.

Your family is very fortunate to have the space for him to quarantine comfortably. Far too many don't have that advantage.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@FiddleDeeDee   I am praying for your son and all of your family.  It is such a vexing virus in that it spreads so easily aand before there are no symptoms to alert the person affected that the illness is present.

2021 will be welcomed around the world.  It has to be better than the current year has been.

aroc3435

Washington, DC 

Respected Contributor

@FiddleDeeDee , we'll be pulling for you and your family. Filter out the dross and keep the good wishes.

Honored Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

@FiddleDeeDee , we'll be pulling for you and your family. Filter out the dross and keep the good wishes.

Filter out the dross?  What is that supposed to mean?

Esteemed Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@noodleann wrote:

Filter out the dross?  What is that supposed to mean?

"Dross" refers to things that are worthless.  I thought she meant something like, "Ignore the negativity here.  Just keep the good wishes."  Except that I don't see any negativity here!  Just posters sending best wishes, and - in some cases - offering helpful advice.

Maybe I misinterpreted? Anyway, I just wanted to pop in with the meaning of "dross".  It's not a word we hear often!  :-)

Respected Contributor

@FiddleDeeDee I understand.  You live in a place where people tend not to take things seriously.  Please let your son know that Walmart+ has been a godsend for me this year.

Respected Contributor

@FiddleDeeDee Best wishes for your son's speedy recovery and hoping that the rest of your family and co-workers stay healthy!  This is an excellent example of how important contact tracing and mitigation is.  I hope that our non-medical frontline workers will become a priority group for the vaccine.

Honored Contributor

@FiddleDeeDee 

I am so sorry.   You're lucky your home is designed in a way your son could stay away. 

I would put Christmas off until you can all be together. 

Trusted Contributor

@FiddleDeeDee  So sorry your son got the virus. Prayers for you and your loved ones. Covid does not discrinimate. Everyone in the entire world is at risk, young , old, healthy, sick, we all have a target on our backs. It is ok  if we all have to have a quiet holiday at home. Christmas is of the heart, something we can celebrate every day. Best wishes to you,