Respected Contributor

Re: COVID has entered my home and I am PO'd.

@NYC Susan wrote:

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@noodleann wrote:

@FiddleDeeDee , we'll be pulling for you and your family. Filter out the dross and keep the good wishes.

Filter out the dross?  What is that supposed to mean?

"Dross" refers to things that are worthless.  I thought she meant something like, "Ignore the negativity here.  Just keep the good wishes."  Except that I don't see any negativity here!  Just posters sending best wishes, and - in some cases - offering helpful advice.

Maybe I misinterpreted? Anyway, I just wanted to pop in with the meaning of "dross".  It's not a word we hear often!  :-)

You didn't misinterpret. The post that was unkind preceded mine. It has disappeared. A good thing, regardless of how that happened.

Respected Contributor

@FiddleDeeDee  I am so sorry to hear your news. My GFs husband took a leave of absence of four months from Wal-Mart as she is diabetic and both are in their 60s. He works part time to supplement his income. Wal-Mart is good about allowing this without a job loss. He prefers Lawn and Garden and can be outside. Last year he brought home the flu which led to pneumonia for my GF.

I as other posters hope for a quick recovery with youth on his side and no more spread. My stepdaughter and her husband are 40 and were down a week out of the two at home. She said theirs was like the flu. They have two young children five and three. I hope all goes as well as it can and better days ahead. 

Respected Contributor

@FiddleDeeDee 

Praying your son has a speedy recovery. 🙏🏼 🤗

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Respected Contributor

Honored Contributor

@NYC Susan wrote:

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@noodleann wrote:

@FiddleDeeDee , we'll be pulling for you and your family. Filter out the dross and keep the good wishes.

Filter out the dross?  What is that supposed to mean?

"Dross" refers to things that are worthless.  I thought she meant something like, "Ignore the negativity here.  Just keep the good wishes."  Except that I don't see any negativity here!  Just posters sending best wishes, and - in some cases - offering helpful advice.

Maybe I misinterpreted? Anyway, I just wanted to pop in with the meaning of "dross".  It's not a word we hear often!  :-)

@NYC Susan I probably should have clarified - I didn't see any dross in any of the posts and that's what I was questioning.