Honored Contributor
I just saw an ad on TV for an interesting item I'm considering buying. It's a very large brass key you can carry on your keyring although it is much larger than a housekey. It is called a Covid Key and it's multifunctional -- you use it to keep from touching surfaces. The ad shows how you can open door latches and door handles with it, handles on freezer doors at supermarkets,
to push buttons, to sign your name on touch surfaces (so you don't have to pick up that icky pen) etc. Made in the USA by veterans who are metal workers. Its www.Milspin dot com. One key is $20 and there are bulk discounts. There was a word used in the ad to get free shipping which I'm not allowed to post but there is a phone # on the site for the company so you can probably call and ask it. What this key does is keep you from having to go through a whole bunch of disposable gloves!
Esteemed Contributor

Here's a YouTube video where a guy reviews it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjU6ds_Zlso 

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Anything to make a buck.

Honored Contributor

these have been around for a while. they just were never called "covid keys" before.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor
Well the guy in the video said it's $25 but it isn't -- it is $20 on the site. Also I didn't think it would work on all touch screens but on some as get says, and it will work on all keypads with raised keys. I would also use it in rest rooms to push a soap dispenser. And use it in elevators and lots of other places. I have been using disposable gloves but I think this key is useful.
Respected Contributor

@Pearlee A lot of stores also sell regular gloves that have a touch feature on the fingertips that you can use on cell phones and other surfaces.  I'm not sure if they are washable or not.  

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

these have been around for a while. they just were never called "covid keys" before.

@sunshine45   Yes they have.  Naming them the covid key preys on fear.

They only open one type of door and are pretty useless for keypads unless the keys are raised.

My DH can make one in about 30 minutes.  LOL

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Anything to make a buck.

@rms1954   By preying on fear.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

Another piece of junk!!!!

Honored Contributor

Those were first used in OT to help those with hand and finger issues so nothing new.