Respected Contributor

Re: COUPLES NOW GOING ON SEPARATE HONEYMOONS !

Wow I thought my DD is crazy, she got engaged 6 months ago (No ring they are saving up) what??? My husband paid monthly payments OK good get the ring pay it off maybe they are smart. She said they are going to look at rings soon but she told co workers she is engaged & they all looking at her finger no ring. I don't understand. Now this honeymoon new thing. My DD loves the beach he hates it. If she does this ****** with separate honeymoons I will have a fit but don't think that will happen. I got to keep my mouth shut just wish they would get the ring then move on from there.

Honored Contributor

Why and whats the point of a honeymoon then?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

That's a real, "what's the use" idea.  Would that be the straw that breaks the camel's back?

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 , I agree, I hope there's a lot of islands out there (no need to communicate with others either).  Gee..Get rid of all the messaging items too, why bother.

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

Someone mentioned maybe I was eating breakfast and didn't  get the story correct. 

https://www.foxnews.com/.../newlyweds-are-going-on-solo-honeymoons

@Goodie2shoesFYI, you might want to delete your link. It contains a sidebar with political content.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@qualitygal You made me laugh out loud.  Thanks!  Oh!  I did just see on TV (Daily Mail) where there's an Island (in Switzerland...swear that's where) fo sale.  

It's only $2 million....to whom do I write the check?  Ha!  I kept thinking....Switzerland...that seems weird.  

I just googled to check and now I'll be getting emails about islands for sale.  Boy are they at the wrong place!

Esteemed Contributor

This is absolutely crazy. If a couple wants to separate for the honeymoon, how can they avoid separating when it comes to being a couple...or becoming parents? This is simply nuts!

Honored Contributor

It's not a honeymoon if they're separate.  I don't understand why you would get married if you wanted to spend your first vacation separately.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

It’s not a honeymoon if you are not with your new husband...it’s just a trip