Honored Contributor

Re: COUPLES NOW GOING ON SEPARATE HONEYMOONS !

I've never heard of this.  It sounds odd to go on a single vacation right when you get married.  

Honored Contributor

@tansy  Yepper, that would be me....I'm a proud Boomer....and I did work my tush off for my kids so they'd have a better life.

However, I also know they'd have laughed if I'd asked them if they'd have taken separate honeymoons.

You are also right that's it's probably a small number of people who take separate honeymoons.

I will also say that my daughters are not about me...me...me either.  I think (if I say so myself) my late husband and I did a pretty good job raising them.....yes, my oldest daughter did go to Georgetown University but she went the old fashioned way....worked her way there.

Anything else that needs verification?

Respected Contributor

@Bri369 

OK , that is a whole different thing.  OP must have been eating breakfast while the segment was on and missed parts of it.  Smiley Wink   

Honored Contributor

Maybe if you shack up for years before getting married, you need separate peaceful vacations.  Maybe one party stays home to watch the kids and when they get home, the other one can go.

Topsy Turvy world

Honored Contributor

I have read that people marry themselves. So why not ? Maybe they can get a hall pass and bring someone else to the separate honeymoon.

Honored Contributor

So this about the brides-to-be and the grooms-to-be going solo for a little vacation before the nuptuals?

If one or the both have the time (off work/school?) and the funds to pay for something, I see nothing wrong with it.

I'm sure they'll still have at the very least a honeymoon (night).

Me, personally, I wouldn't have wanted to take any extra time off before my wedding or spend the money for a trip, not even a weekend getaway.  

And I'm not one to go solo anywhere--not even a dinner out, but that's just me.

I did think it was weird for a married couple to go on separate honeymoons, but that was a misunderstanding from jump.  (But that's just me.)

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

So this about the brides-to-be and the grooms-to-be going solo for a little vacation before the nuptuals?

If one or the both have the time (off work/school?) and the funds to pay for something, I see nothing wrong with it.

I'm sure they'll still have at the very least a honeymoon (night).

Me, personally, I wouldn't have wanted to take any extra time off before my wedding or spend the money for a trip, not even a weekend getaway.  

And I'm not one to go solo anywhere--not even a dinner out, but that's just me.

I did think it was weird for a married couple to go on separate honeymoons, but that was a misunderstanding from jump.  (But that's just me.)

I thought the Op meant after the wedding.

Honored Contributor

There is a recent story in The New York Times about “unimoons” or “solomoons” taken separately instead of honeymoons - after the wedding. Still not the norm. Seems to be more often with couples who have already been together a long time. Hey, whatever makes you happy.
Honored Contributor

Or they spend part of the honeymoon together and part of it separately. Maybe he wants to golf in Scotland and she wants to take cooking lessons in France but they go to Italy together. Spend time together but also get an opportunity to explore different individual interests.
Honored Contributor

Ha!   I believe in separate HOUSES...............

♥Surface of the Sun♥