Esteemed Contributor

Re: COUPLES NOW GOING ON SEPARATE HONEYMOONS !

DH & I couldn’t afford to go away for our honeymoon.We spent 2 days in a local motel. Over the years we’ve been to many 5 star hotels in exotic places.Nothing compares to those 2 special days we spent in that motel!! 

I can’t imagine not spending that time together.

Respected Contributor

Oneymoon....it's all about me, not we.

Honored Contributor

How about going on separate trips after being married a while instead?

Honored Contributor

If you feel like you need to take separate honeymoons, maybe this isn’t the person you need to be marrying. I’m sure this is just one of those stories meant to stir people up and isn’t becoming a trend. 

Honored Contributor

Well, I don’t know anyone doing this. Our niece got married last year and they both went to Hawaii together. Our other niece is getting married next year and they are going to the Caribbean. 

Does anyone here know any kids doing this? I certainly don’t think this is the ‘ me  generation’. At least not for our  family or friends.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It’s no wonder that the wedding receptions we have heard about here have honeymoon jars on each table—they have to pay for two loonymoons...or is it lonelymoons....meonlymoons....

eta

@Bri369 after seeing your clarification below, this makes a little more sense. Lots of bachelor and bachelorette parties are out of town trips. Are they going alone or with friends? I’m just glad I am not paying for all this festivity on top of a wedding.

Honored Contributor

They were talking about this on the radio station I listen to in the morning.

It's not actually a honeymoon after the wedding ceremony.   

It's a trip before the wedding - the bride and groom are able to go on a trip without their husband- or wife-to-be.  They called it a solo-moon.

Some people said great idea and other people thought it was kind of lame.  I guess it's up to the couple to decide if this works for them.

Honored Contributor

@SunValley, they were not part of the bachelor or bachelorette parties.  They were trips taken alone before the wedding.

It didn't sound like "I'm going to Hawaii alone."  It was more of a reflective, long weekend kind of trip.

That's what I heard about them anyway.  Not sure if this is what the OP is referring to.

Honored Contributor

I'd love to know approximately how widespread this is. Sounds tailor-made for a tabloid.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

@SunValley, they were not part of the bachelor or bachelorette parties.  They were trips taken alone before the wedding.

It didn't sound like "I'm going to Hawaii alone."  It was more of a reflective, long weekend kind of trip.

That's what I heard about them anyway.  Not sure if this is what the OP is referring to.

Perhaps a time for reflection without all the social pressure and influence? Sometimes people go through with the wedding when they shouldn’t because they don’t know how to stop the speeding wedding train.