Honored Contributor

Re: COUPLES NOW GOING ON SEPARATE HONEYMOONS !

@missy1 wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

So this about the brides-to-be and the grooms-to-be going solo for a little vacation before the nuptuals?

If one or the both have the time (off work/school?) and the funds to pay for something, I see nothing wrong with it.

I'm sure they'll still have at the very least a honeymoon (night).

Me, personally, I wouldn't have wanted to take any extra time off before my wedding or spend the money for a trip, not even a weekend getaway.  

And I'm not one to go solo anywhere--not even a dinner out, but that's just me.

I did think it was weird for a married couple to go on separate honeymoons, but that was a misunderstanding from jump.  (But that's just me.)

I thought the Op meant after the wedding.

That's what I originally thought, but someone else mentioned they heard it was before the nuptuals.

Who knows!

Honored Contributor

My BF thought that separate houses was the best arrangement and was the only way she’d remarry. 🤣
Respected Contributor

Someone mentioned maybe I was eating breakfast and didn't  get the story correct. 

https://www.foxnews.com/.../newlyweds-are-going-on-solo-honeymoons

Respected Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

Just saw this on the news. What gives ? It's a time to spend together and celebrate your marriage.  Makes me think of the song "What's love got to do with it? "  I would much rather spend the time with my new Husband !  What do you think?

@Goodie2shoes 

The way things are nowadays, they've got to stay home with the kids!!!

Esteemed Contributor

If they have lived together for X number of years before the wedding the “honeymoon” is nothing more than a vacation. Call it what it is. So going separate ways for vacation… Not a big deal. 

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

Heck, why not, they have done everything else!  Or maybe they are working on their communication skills which would probably mean see who texts the most. But wait, there is phone "x", and selfies and as they would say on the Big Bang, the dirty store.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, that would be zero fun.

Honored Contributor

Plain & simple...separate is not a honeymoon!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

Since many couples live together prior to marriage, they don't need a honeymoon.  Honeymoons once were  when couples were first intimate. Not today!  Now honeymoons are  just vacations.   If they've lived together for a long time, they may need seperate vacations! 

Valued Contributor

just because it's on the news doesn't make it mainstream. Probably 2 or 3 couples did it and that makes it "newswothy". They look for the bizarre and creepy to write about..