Honored Contributor

@pdlinda No one can enter without a card. However, the food court is not IN the store but on a side area. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@haddon9 Yes the hot dogs really ARE good and a great value. They are pretty big as well.

Trusted Contributor

@Love my grandkids   OHHHH...I see!  I'm in Phoenix, AZ and all the Costco's here that I've frequented through the years have the food court inside the store in back of the checkout area.  

So, from what you're saying, until the new machines were installed, they were subtely "inviting" non-members to purchase items from the food court because there was no apparatus to use a membership card to get into that area.

Respected Contributor

I happen to have a membership at this time because dh wanted to buy tires there. I had one years ago when my sons lived here but let it lapse when they grew up and moved away from home. I rarely go there. It's always way too busy and the parking lot is just too hard finding parking. I did go there on my way to a barbecue a couple of weeks ago for their shrimp 🍤 platter, which is delicious! I also had a membership to BJ's and let that lapse, as well, when the boys left. BJ's let you shop the entire store without a membership. They just charged the 5% upcharge. I used to go there just for meat and salmon. So it was worth it, without paying the membership fee.I don't know how it works now. We don't shop in bulk anymore. No big eaters here now.

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Esteemed Contributor

My son has a membership and would get  Costco Pizza a couple times a  the time for his family.

The pizza was never that good but it was pizza.

Had it several months ago and did not even like the smell of it. Had a couple of bites and am also done with it. 

Esteemed Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

I really can't imagine why anyone would go to the trouble of going to Costco just for a hot dog or slice of pizza.  Is it that good?!

I'm a member and buy plenty but never had the desire to buy something to eat there.

I used to work across the street from a Costco. Went there often for lunch. Where else can you eat for under $2.00?

Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@pdlinda No one can enter without a card. However, the food court is not IN the store but on a side area. 

The food courts are inside Costco in Arizona. 

Respected Contributor

Every Costco I've been to, you can access the food court by going through the exit door, which is the door most use for the service desk.

Honored Contributor

Re: COSTCO FOOD COURT

[ Edited ]

@Sakuya wrote:
I thought that anyone (no membership needed) could use the optical area and anyone could buy alcohol from membership warehouse stores.

An active membership is required for buying prescription eyewear, but maybe not for the optometrist who works independently from Costco but has space within the warehouse.  The pharmacy is accessible to non-members as well.  I doubt alcohol can be purchased without a membership, nor should it be.  

Respected Contributor

We like the Chicken Caesar Salad.  For quite a while  both during and after the pandemic they didn't have it on the food court menu. It's now back.  

It's always fresh and you get quite a large salad for the money.  My husband and I always share it.