Esteemed Contributor

Re: COSBY hit with ""NEW"" lawsuit in California today

Exactly, which is why it isn't "rape."

Honored Contributor

On 12/4/2014 YorkieonmyPillow said:

It is rape when it's a 15 year old, statutory rape.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

On 12/4/2014 NoelSeven said:

And the circumstances don't matter. The 15 year old is considered too immature to make a logical choice or decision.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

On 12/4/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

Since rape is the most underrated crime in America ..... and back then a report of rape was treated MUCH differently by practically putting the victim on trial ..... it's possible that there's still another 20 or 30 women who've been attacked and could never speak up. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Scary, eh?

Not to me - people who are "raped" don't go back for seconds.

Oh, please ...... there were a few that did still have contact with him after their attacks, but not ALL of them did.

Did you already forget about the guy who was there to pass out money to keep things quiet? Based on how rape victims were treated back then, many realized there was no point in trying to have him prosecuted. It would never go anywhere.

Just because a rapist later tries to buy silence with money, etc, doesn't mean the rape didn't occur.

Even here .... in 2014 ...... female victims are STILL not believed ........ I guess things haven't changed as much as we would hope ... {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Honored Contributor

On one hand, I feel sorry that some people don't have one iota of understanding about this type of trauma and the variables.

OTOH, I guess I'm glad they never had to deal with this sort of trauma/abuse.

On the third hand, I wish some were not so harshly judgmental of others, for things they don't understand.

Esteemed Contributor

Rape victims don't go back for seconds.......or "have contact" as you call it, with their "rapist."

Rape victims were treated any differently then than they are now.....

You may think it's okay for a "rape victim" to take money from their "rapist," but I don't, because if you have been TRULY raped, you would not want and you would not ACCEPT any slimy money from someone who had violated you so terribly. If you take money, then you were paid off, thus making it consensual.

Esteemed Contributor

"On the third hand, I wish some were not so harshly judgmental of others, for things they don't understand."

Does that apply to people judging the Duggars, too?

Honored Contributor

On 12/5/2014 YorkieonmyPillow said:

"On the third hand, I wish some were not so harshly judgmental of others, for things they don't understand."

Does that apply to people judging the Duggars, too?

I would have no idea. Personally, I have a great deal of understanding about brain washing so I don't have an ignorant, or misled, lack of understanding about that subject. Perhaps others don't have any kind of understanding of such things so they might be judging blindly. I don't know, so I cannot make that call.

At any rate, this particular thread is about something entirely different. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

On 12/4/2014 kachina624 said:
On 12/4/2014 NoelSeven said:

And the circumstances don't matter. The 15 year old is considered too immature to make a logical choice or decision.

You're right, and the same holds true for some adults who are disabled or mentally challenged.

Honored Contributor

On 12/5/2014 YorkieonmyPillow said:

Rape victims don't go back for seconds.......or "have contact" as you call it, with their "rapist."

Rape victims were treated any differently then than they are now.....

You may think it's okay for a "rape victim" to take money from their "rapist," but I don't, because if you have been TRULY raped, you would not want and you would not ACCEPT any slimy money from someone who had violated you so terribly. If you take money, then you were paid off, thus making it consensual.

Oh, they most certainly do in some circumstances, like when they or their family or children are threatened.

Rape is when it's not consensual. Many women in American slavery were certainly raped under those circumstances.