Super Contributor

Re: COSBY hit with ""NEW"" lawsuit in California today

It's time to bring forward other men and show their accomplishments. Bill Cosby is a total disappointment to say the least.
Honored Contributor

Since rape is the most underrated crime in America ..... and back then a report of rape was treated MUCH differently by practically putting the victim on trial ..... it's possible that there's still another 20 or 30 women who've been attacked and could never speak up. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Scary, eh?

Honored Contributor

I was really trying to give this man the benefit of the doubt but it keeps getting worse and worse - the evidence keeps piling on. What a shame a man who had everything and tons of opportunities ruined people's lives like this. Horrible.

Honored Contributor

Although I really can't stand the woman, I'm glad Gloria Allred is now involved ..... it's going to be impossible to ignore her and the new lawsuit (secks with minor at the Playboy mansion). {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Honored Contributor

On 12/2/2014 Typo Quean said:

Does anyone know why she is able to sue and no one else can because of the statute of limitations rule? Is it because she was a minor at the time of the assault? If yes why can't criminal charges be pursued also?

She will have to prove that the abuse she endured as a minor has effected her as an adult. It will be a difficult case to prove.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Occasional Contributor

Cosby's life and legacy is ruined. Poor thang.

Honored Contributor

On 12/2/2014 FaLana said:
On 12/2/2014 spindlegirl said:

An actual lawsuit?

Ok I found the article. It's a lawsuit about something in the 1970's.

It's not just "something' ...it's allegedly with minor girls. He's now a pedophile.

15 is not pedophilia. Pedophilia is with those 13 and younger.

Although 15 is statutory rape, aside from morally wrong it is also legally wrong.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Esteemed Contributor

On 12/4/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

Since rape is the most underrated crime in America ..... and back then a report of rape was treated MUCH differently by practically putting the victim on trial ..... it's possible that there's still another 20 or 30 women who've been attacked and could never speak up. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Scary, eh?

Not to me - people who are "raped" don't go back for seconds.

Honored Contributor

Although I really can't stand the woman, I'm glad Gloria Allred is now involved ..... it's going to be impossible to ignore her and the new lawsuit (secks with minor at the Playboy mansion). {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

I, too, can't stand Gloria and lots of times don't believe her. But she's a tiger I wouldn't want to oppose in a courtroom, so this time I'm happy to see her getting involved.

Anyone catch The Evening News a few hours ago when they reported this same woman supposedly tried to get money from Cosby in return for her silence. I hope it's not true because as I understand the law, she had three years from when she realized the rape had affected her life negatively. If she did try to bribe Cosby 9 years ago, she might have a hard time meeting that piece of the law.

Again, time to wait to things to play out.

So sad.

Super Contributor

On 12/4/2014 YorkieonmyPillow said:

Scary, eh?

Not to me - people who are "raped" don't go back for seconds.

That's the part that I can't figure out. Many of them continued to see him after the fact and years later still hooked up with him in hotel rooms, etc. Some accepted money from him for school, medical bills and other debt. So they knew he raped them, but they were willing to take a risk by seeing him again, and never said a word to anyone about the rape and continued looking for hand-outs.