Honored Contributor

Re: CONGRATULATIONS PHILADELPHIA!!!

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

News reports that Tom Brady did not stay on the field to shake Nicks hand. I was so disheartened to hear this. A man who has accomplished so much should have shown better sportsmanship and respect for the players, fans, and the NFL. IMO

If that's true, I can't say I'm surprised. It just feels to me Brady and the rest of the team felt they had this in the bag and they were caught off guard by how hard and well the Eagles played. 

@Cumbercookie13  I live in NE and I can assure you nothing could be further from the truth, for the past two weeks we have heard nothing here from Brady or any of rest of the Patriots but the upmost respect for the Eagles. I have never heard him or any of the others utter one nasty or condersending thing about any other team or there players, for the exception of one player who made a remark before a Jet's game about their coach, who I might add had been trash talking them for the prior two weeks, this player ended up sitting on the bench for not only that game but for the rest of the season and then was traded, and he was one of our best players at the time.  So all of this total garbage talk about NE is just that.  I guess another name for it is just plain old jealousy.  Their isn't one of you, if Brady was traded to your team tomorrow that you would say "Oh no we don't want him"  - LOL 

But this is about Brady walking off the field and not shaking Nicks hand or congratulating him. It is poor sportsmanship. There are numerous videos and articles on it. 

I don't think its garbage talk at all. Nick Foles gave an interview this morning and said he was looking for Brady but he left the field. 

Honored Contributor

Congratulations indeed!  They definitely were the better team last night and even though I am a Pat's fan, it was nice to see the Eagles get their very first Super Bowl trophy.  Nothing beats the joy of that first one.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't have cable.  One of my walking friends who does, mentioned some sort of not-so-nice 'activities' going on because their team 'won'(?).   I questioned her statement and asked why would they do that because their team won?  I seriously thought that she had mistaken info. 

Oh, well.  Some people just need attention(?).   Doesn't make much sense to me, living within a fairly civilized mind-set.

I guess  'win or lose', some folks have to draw attention to themselves.  They just can't help it. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I saw on the news earlier today that there was total mayhem in the streets of Philly after the game. Things got destroyed and clean-up crews had to tidy things up to get ready for the victory parade later this week on Thursday. I don't blame them at all for for their mayhem. I would have been right there joining in the fun...well maybe.Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Contratulations, Eagles on their first Super Bowl win!

I was routing for the Patriots, but, imho our team couldn't have lost to a better team.  The Eagles played a good game.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I forgot to congratulate them!  Congratulations!  I don't live near them, but since I'm a QVC fan, I was rooting for them.

Btw, Has anyone here seen the Q's fabulous Eagles (women's) tees?  Long sleeve and short sleeve. Very nice color combo.  Black with silver accents.  Not a bad price, too.  I'm thinking of ordering, if they are still available.  Like the idea that they are styled for women.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

wrote:

Congratulations indeed!  They definitely were the better team last night and even though I am a Pat's fan, it was nice to see the Eagles get their very first Super Bowl trophy.  Nothing beats the joy of that first one.  

I couldn't agree more !!!

Honored Contributor

A310899   Long sleeves 'Bling' version.  For Women.   ......... (Short sleeves are also available; different order number).  Several other styles for men and women.   I like the color combo.  Black background with silver.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for all the congrats, especially from the Pat's fans.  That's cool of you!

I have nothing against Brady, he's an awesome player and will go down in history as that.

Honored Contributor

@mac116wrote:

@Katcat1

Sorry to seem so "silly" to you.  I was not aware that urinating on people below you in the stands, and throwing full beer cans at their heads is considered acceptable where you are from.  I have been to many football games against division rivals (the Bears and Packers), and nothing like that has occured.  Hmmm

@mac116  Come on...It's absolutely NOT acceptable anywhere...and you know that!  If you Google it you can see where there is bad behaviour in most large cities with a strong fan base. 

So stop acting as if ALL Eagles' fans are the same in their behaviour .  You know better than that.... You're making an assumption. ...easy to do.   Is that what they do where you come from make blind assumptions about all people in a given group? hmmmm

BTW, I'm an Eagles fan and would never dream of destroying anything, hurting anyone, yelling obscenities at other fans nor make assumptions about a large group of people.