Respected Contributor

Posting this in Customer Care might get you some help.

Respected Contributor

Same thing happened to me, so join the "Club".

Unless one gets returned your chances you will see that item is a big fat -0-.    CS will tell you they are sorry and probably give you some incentive to make you less disappointed but this is a serious issue with the Q.

They are overselling items and/or the quantities they are expecting fall short of their expected arrival.  It could also be a quality issue that so many get scrapped and are not available to sell.  

Either way, this is the Q's way of putting the cart before the horse, selling prior to arrival of the item and now they look like the "bad guys".   I'm sure there's a lot of people who say who cares but unfortunately you never want to lose a customer.

Respected Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

Same thing happened to me, so join the "Club".

Unless one gets returned your chances you will see that item is a big fat -0-.    CS will tell you they are sorry and probably give you some incentive to make you less disappointed but this is a serious issue with the Q.

They are overselling items and/or the quantities they are expecting fall short of their expected arrival.  It could also be a quality issue that so many get scrapped and are not available to sell.  

Either way, this is the Q's way of putting the cart before the horse, selling prior to arrival of the item and now they look like the "bad guys".   I'm sure there's a lot of people who say who cares but unfortunately you never want to lose a customer.

Actually, the problem is they're selling goods that they don't have in stock because they're obviously having goods drop-shipped. So they're relying on the manufacturers' assurances that they will have adequate stock, and when the manufacturers fail, it's on QVC--where it belongs.

Same problem in shipping. Someone posted a photos of a banana gadget that was shipped, apparently from the maker or a jobber, in its fiberboard box--completely inadequate for the rigors of transit. It arrived smooshed. QVC may be prepared to write off these sales--and the customers whose ire leads them elsewhere--but that's not a good business model in these days of fractured and disruptive business and disloyal consumers.

Respected Contributor

@Teggers wrote:

First let me say thank you to all and this forum for giving me a place to vent my frustration. My sad tale started on June 22 when I ordered a BB necklace, which was listed "in stock". I know this part sounds a little compulsive, but anyway, I would check the status on line every day. (I really wanted the necklace and I do realize this is not a life and death situation, but I wanted it lol) For days the status would be "processing" then it went to "backorder". This went on for weeks, back and forth. Every time it stated  "processing" my hopes were up, then dashed when returned to "backorder".  I called CS several times about this and was told that the vendor was responsible and that QVC didn't have any control over it. On July 21 I checked and the status stated "cancelled", which I did not do. Immediately I called CS to restate my order and was told that they could not do this but they could put in a new order. My reply  was that would be fine as long as I could still receive it with same pricing and terms as the original order. CS stated that could be done. So on July 21 a new order was placed and status reported "processing". You may have concluded the rest of the story...same thing is happening. Item going from "processing" to "backorder" back and forth.  Is this just a fluke or has anyone else had this issue? Wow anyone that has taken the time to read this  long rant is amazing. Thank you again for allowing me to vent and if anyone has suggestions I am more than happy to hear, except "just cancel the order and get on with your life lol" I really want the necklace.

@Teggers

How frustrating!!!!!!!!!  They're acting like you're their "first customer!"  You can get the phone number for Corporate and leave a message.  They'll get back to you.  I took one issue to Corporate myself.

Contributor

Worth a try. Thank you all for your support and helpful comments.

Honored Contributor

It doesn't sound like the vendor has any.  Hope I'm wrong and you get one.

Honored Contributor

which necklace were you waiting for?

barbara is back sometime in august.....maybe items will be restocked then?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Teggers

here is some contact information for you.

Contact us: inquiry@bixbydesigns.com

also, there is a facebook group called QVC BARBARA BIXBY DESIGNER ADDICTS that you might want to join. some people sell and buy in that group.....and there are usually discussions and sneak peeks that take place, especially when barbara is on qvc.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I had that happen a few years ago with a watch I saw during the Gold Rush.

It was the first time I ever *tracked* anything----everyday---watching and waiting for it to ship.  I couldn't believe that it never did.  Smiley Sad

They refunded me my initial payment and never charged the other ez pays, but never actually notified me that it *fell through*.  I did call and they couldn't offer any help or explanation.  Didn't even offer me a waitlist....

I kept my eye out for it being back in stock for quite a while with no luck.

Months later, I checked on it--just for the heck of it and there it was back in stock!

I called C/S right away and ordered it,  they gave it to me for the Gold Rush price.  Happy Camper!

Moral of this story....don't give up. 

Respected Contributor

@Preds wrote:

I've had that happen and it ended up that the Vendor could no longer fill the order ... for whatever reason, I don't know.  QVC hadn't been notified, so they kept trying to fill it.  Vendor problem, not the Q's.  Hopefully, you will get yours.  Good Luck! Smiley Happy

This is the Q's problem.  Having contracts with vendors that can't hold up their end of an agreement is a very bad business practice.  Stringing a customer along is also on them.