Honored Contributor

2019-08-23T033209Z_150142626_RC1CBCD42500_RTRMADP_3_SOUTHKOREA-JAPAN-LABOURERS-ABE-768x535.jpg

As shocked tributes pour in, am so sorry to hear of the loss of former Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, the longest-serving prime minister, an honored statesman in his country and respected around the world.  A life cruelly taken by an assassin.  Prayers for his family and country.

Honored Contributor

Re: CONDOLENCES TO JAPAN

[ Edited ]

Oh no! This is horrible!

I'm so sorry to hear this!

Another unbelievable shocking and tragic reality. It is just so sad.

His family and all of Japan must be so shocked, along with many in the world!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

Saw this on F/F this morning.  They caught the guy.  Just don't understand why...........So sorry for Japan.

Trusted Contributor

Prayers to Mr Abe's family and to the people of Japan.

Honored Contributor

No matter where it happens, assassination of a distinguished statesman is a shocking and extremely sad thing for a country.  We saw this man with our presidents so many times on TV, it's like we knew him too.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Having been through a few assassinations during my lifetime and having such sad feelings with each one, I can understand how the people of Japan feel at this tragic time  I hope they can heal and move forward and the legacy of Shinzo Abe as Prime Minister will live in history.  May he be at peace.

Honored Contributor

Sending Prayers Your Way Quotes

Honored Contributor

Yes, of course.  Thoughts and prayers.

Trusted Contributor

Re: CONDOLENCES TO JAPAN

[ Edited ]

He was killed with a homemade gun fashioned out of wood and metal. Obviously planned out for some time.

A huge shock to the sesnses of the normally ordered, polite Japanese people.

Honored Contributor

Unfortunately, historically a number of Japanese prime ministers, both former and sitting, have been assassinated, I was surprised to learn-- Messrs. Takashi, Osachi, Tsuyoshi, Korekiyo, and Makoto, in years prior to World War II.   And a party leader, Inejiro Asanuma, was also assassinated in the Sixties.

And, astonishingly, Shinzo Abe's grandfather, Nobusuke Kishi, who was also Prime Minister, managed to survive an assassination attempt while in office, in which he was stabbed multiple times.

But whenever something like this happens to a former or current head of state, it is understandably deeply jarring and horrifying for any nation.