Honored Contributor

COMMISH' STAR THERESA SALDANA DEAD AT 61

http://www.tmz.com/2016/06/07/theresa-saldana-dead/

Actress Theresa Saldana who played the commissioner's wife on '90s cop drama "The Commish" and was the victim in a highly-publicized stabbing has died ... TMZ has learned. 

Saldana had been hospitalized with an unknown illness and died Monday at Cedars-Sinai ... according to a member of her family. 

The actress made headlines in 1982 after being stabbed by a deranged fan outside her L.A. home. A delivery man who happened to be driving by saw her and came to her rescue, and she was able to survive the attack.

Saldana also famously starred alongside Robert De Niro and Joe Pesci in "Raging Bull." 

She stopped acting in 2004.

She was 61.

So sad I remember her being stalked in 1982 and stabbed by a deranged fan outside her L.A. home. She fought for new laws after this horrible event.Smiley Sad

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Esteemed Contributor

Re: COMMISH' STAR THERESA SALDANA DEAD AT 61

I remember her, I was a fan of the TV show. This is very sad, especially considering what she went through years ago.

Honored Contributor

@Vivian Florimond wrote:

I remember her, I was a fan of the TV show. This is very sad, especially considering what she went through years ago.

She was a really good actress, I had wondered what happened to her...I had no idea she had given up acting. Died so young.

Trusted Contributor

I too remember her 1982 headlines and stabbing. I was thrilled she survived that tragic event and went on to act. I am very sad to learn of her death. 

Respected Contributor

Saldana was fantastic in Raging Bull. I'm shocked she died. She was stabbed multiple times. I wonder if she had complications caused by her injuries. May she RIP.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

Here's a nice photo of her from the Commish days ...

Honored Contributor

She was truly a stunning and talented lady.  I hear she was a tireless advocate for people being stalked and abused.  I am sorry to hear this, she was young.  Was it mentioned what she passed away from?

Respected Contributor

Sorry to hear such sad news.  Hope that we can learn more.  

Honored Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

She was truly a stunning and talented lady.  I hear she was a tireless advocate for people being stalked and abused.  I am sorry to hear this, she was young.  Was it mentioned what she passed away from?

The reports so far say they do not know why she died. She had been in the hospital though.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh wow, I hate to hear that. That woman certainly did have more than her share of battles in life. I can't imagine how her attack affected her mentally for the rest of her life. RIP!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK