Frequent Contributor

Re: COMING SOON: A NEW GIRL SCOUT COOKIE!

I used to love their Thin Mint cookies, but they have somehow tweaked the recipe so that they don't taste as good as they used to. Man, I used to be able to devour a whole sleeve with a big glass of milk in one sitting. Maybe it's just as well I don't enjoy them anymore since I don't need to be eating all that sugar.

Respected Contributor

@Baylor Fan wrote:

I used to love their Thin Mint cookies, but they have somehow tweaked the recipe so that they don't taste as good as they used to. Man, I used to be able to devour a whole sleeve with a big glass of milk in one sitting. Maybe it's just as well I don't enjoy them anymore since I don't need to be eating all that sugar.

I understand the price going up, but the recipes have changed. We have not purchased the cookies for several years. 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

Okay, I'm in, for a couple boxes of these. Just call me Adventureful :-).

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Imtep

@Baylor Fan  You are correct. Way back, more than 50 years ago, the Educator Co. made Girl Scout cookies. I remember selling the Thin Mints for 60 cents a box and they were delicious.

The Shortbread Trefoils, sandwich cookies and Samoas were good too. Over the years, other companies made the cookies and the quality went down and down. Cheaper ingredients for higher

profits, like so many other things today.

Everyone in the family loved Thin Mints. A couple of years ago, I bought a box and no one ate them. I ended up throwing them out. Some people just give the girls a donation and don't

take the cookies, they are that bad. Too bad, they could be selling a lot more if they actually tasted good.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44  Oh, we'll be buying these for sure! They look great! The girl next door is a GS and my DH buys them at work. When we feel we've had too much of good thing, we just donate money and ask that the cookies be sent to the troops. I really like that option.

Honored Contributor

That sounds good.  

Honored Contributor

How about a cute tee or visor hat instead of cookies?

Updated tee, maybe tie dye, etc.  Same with a visor hat.  

We pass on the cookies.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@songbird wrote:

I wish they offered sugarless cookies.  Then I'd buy some.  My husband has diabetes.  

@songbird 

Why not make that suggestion on their website?   It's a good idea.

They used to offer sugar-free cookies but they were discontinued due to low sales.

Esteemed Contributor

Three words: yes, yes, yes! 

Honored Contributor

I heard about this a while back, but there were no details - only the name.  Sounds good to me.  I'm not really big on caramel but I like it when it's kind of the minority of the whole thing.

That said, I haven't bought GS cookies in forever.   I don't know how much they cost now but, for reference, they were $2 a box last time I got them.  Smiley Surprised  I have a feeling they're more now.  Smiley Wink