Honored Contributor

Re: COLORADO TRAINS TEACHERS TO CARRY FIREARMS IN CLASSROOMS

@suzyQ3  I have family members and friends have family in Colorado Springs ....none are exactly what I would call conservative and they love it there. 

What am I missing?

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@suzyQ3  I have family members and friends have family in Colorado Springs ....none are exactly what I would call conservative and they love it there. 

What am I missing?

I didn't imply that everybody who lived there was conservative or that it was not a nice place to live, @SahmIam. But it is overall very conservative.

One recent study ranking conservative cities puts it at #4.

If you google "Colorado Springs conservative," you will get much info.

Colorado is definitely a mixed bag, as we use to say.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

What am I missing?

I didn't imply that everybody who lived there was conservative or that it was not a nice place to live, @SahmIam. But it is overall very conservative.

One recent study ranking conservative cities puts it at #4.

If you google "Colorado Springs conservative," you will get much info.

Colorado is definitely a mixed bag, as we use to say.

@suzyQ3  Oh, I wasn't implying you did...I apologize if my post sounded that way. We go to Colorado to visit and I would say that most, when they find out I'm pro-gun, make it known that they're just the opposite and why, lol. Open minded on most stuff (which I embrace) has also struck me to be the norm there. However, many say one thing out loud but think and act differently in private. 

Definitely a mixed bag but... so are most places, I find. 

Esteemed Contributor

Colorado Springs proper is conservative, but the state of CO is generally considered to be liberal, as far as I know.

I'd love to go back there, it's beautiful..................

Esteemed Contributor

I am curious. Was this training mandatory? As a career teacher, this not only goes against my professional ideology, but my personal one as well. I would refuse to go to the training, but I would not want to work with anyone who is carrying either. And yes, there were a few gun incidents with students in my school. Fortunately, no one was injured. Thank God no teacher was armed at that point.  As someone here said, "What could possibly go wrong with this philosophy?"

Honored Contributor

Here in Tx. now with a permit you can carry a gun. I saw a guy Thurs in the walmart with his gun clearly visible in his holster looking at TV's.

My first thought he was undercover, but, then I remembered now that in Tx you can carry a firearm, guess you have to carry the permit around with you if a cop sees you.

Schools are so dangerous any more. kids are apt to go off the deep end, teachers are 'dating' students, drugs, etc.  Glad I wasn't raised in this era.

Scary.....................

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

What am I missing?

That Colorado just like CA is not the same in all areas of the state. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

This whole concept scares me to death.  My dear ex was a cop and he showed me how easily and how fast a strong man can take a gun from a woman.  For that reason, I've never owned one, although I have an "Expert Marksman" rating from my experience in the USAF. There's a good likelihood your gun could be used on YOU. 

If I felt threatened, home invasion, parking lot problem , etc. he wouldn't take it away from me I'd plug him first. LOL

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

What am I missing?

That Colorado just like CA is not the same in all areas of the state. 

Yeah, I know that; I was refering to CS specifically. 

Respected Contributor

@wildcat fan  I'm with you!  I'm going into my 25th year of teaching this year and would retire in a heartbeat if this came to pass in my district.

I'm not short...I'm fun size!