Esteemed Contributor

Re: COLORADO TRAINS TEACHERS TO CARRY FIREARMS IN CLASSROOMS

Let's just hope that the wanna-be hero's hands aren't shaking either from adrinaline, or from a medical condition.

One can do all the target practice in the world.

It's one thing to shoot at a piece of paper in a static, controlled situation.

It is entirely different to have a large number of people all running towards you, screaming, and trying to shoot then.

Valued Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@AngusandBuddhasMom She's  a gun nut who just can't wait to shoot somebody and be the hero. Too bad if a 6 year old gets in the way.

Right, I lay in wait everyday. 

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Let's just hope that the wanna-be hero's hands aren't shaking either from adrinaline, or from a medical condition.

It is entirely different to have a large number of people all running towards you, screaming, and trying to shoot then.

I wish I could heart this 1000 times! 

Respected Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@granny me wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@granny me wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Oh, well.

Since you seem the better the plan, please detail us how you would save a classrom of children. I am very interested as I laid a well thought out plan of action that gave them a chance. You have given nothing but sarcastic remarks.

So enlighten us.

I would do as my employer trained me to do.

This isn't about you, this is about teachers protecting their children.

What would you do?

Active shooter walking down the hall, you can hear screaming, footsteps, they are outside the door, what is the plan? How are you protecting those kids? Where are you running to? There is no other means of escape. Tick Tock, the door rattles, kids are crying and you are cowered under your desk. Now what? You have nothing, absoultely nothing. But hey you ran, you hid.

If you have kids in school, this is how you should see this scenerio. It should scare you to death knowing there is nothing to stop this armed intruder because your child's teacher is hiding instead of trying to protect your child. 

God forbid, but if  somone made me choose, I would rather my child die knowing someone was trying to give them a fighting chance to survive with a gun in the classrom then a teacher that is afraid of their own shadow hiding.

Teachers should follow and do as their employers trained them to do in an active shooter situation.

I don't know what's so hard to understand about that.

@Plaid Pants2 but some here think that because they can shoot a gun in a controlled environment that it will be the same in a classroom with innocent kids. 

Valued Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Wrong, I not only practice in the box but in movement situations. How do you law enforcements trains? 

You have no clear reasoning about this so we disagree, and I am good with that.

Honored Contributor

Sounds like it ! I wouldn't be at all surprized.

Respected Contributor

What happened in Sandy Hook was brought on by someone who was taught to use guns. With little to no respect  as to what they can do in real life.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

This is a pot stirring thread that has thoroughly done its job!

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

I wish I could heart this 1000 times! 

Medical personnel are trained to do CPR  and trained to do CPR and trained to do CPR -- over and over and over. But the first few times they have to do it they are nervous wrecks and woefully unable to think straight. It's the adrenaline effect. After they find they actually lived thru this experience they start to calm down and the training kicks in.A teacher in this situation would be nothing but a huge ball of nerves and adrenaline. So yes, lets add another person with a gun to that situation.