Esteemed Contributor

Re: COLORADO TRAINS TEACHERS TO CARRY FIREARMS IN CLASSROOMS

Yup, everybody thinks that they will be Annie Oakley in an active shooter situation, when people ared running in a panic, and the scene is chaotic.

Odds are, the wanna-be "hero" would end up hitting innocent people amid all of the chaos.

Valued Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Yup, everybody thinks that they will be Annie Oakley in an active shooter situation, when people ared running in a panic, and the scene is chaotic.

Odds are, the wanna-be "hero" would end up hitting innocent people amid all of the chaos.

You are rude and your comments are derogatory. I never claimed to Annie Oakley nor a wanna be hero and I find you offensive.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Valued Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Oh, well.

Since you seem the better the plan, please detail us how you would save a classrom of children. I am very interested as I laid a well thought out plan of action that gave them a chance. You have given nothing but sarcastic remarks.

So enlighten us.

Esteemed Contributor

@granny me wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

You are rude and your comments are derogatory. I never claimed to Annie Oakley nor a wanna be hero and I find you offensive.

Oh, well. Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@granny me wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Oh, well.

Since you seem the better the plan, please detail us how you would save a classrom of children. I am very interested as I laid a well thought out plan of action that gave them a chance. You have given nothing but sarcastic remarks.

So enlighten us.

I would do as my employer trained me to do.

Respected Contributor

@granny me wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Implying someone is a coward because they hide is rude. I for one would not trust a senior citizen with a gun who gets upset so easily over a post. 

Honored Contributor

@granny me wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@KathyPet wrote:

MY original,question still,goes unanswered.  Do parents have the right to have their children moved to another class if they do not want their child to be in a class with a pistol,packing teacher?

My answer would be yes.

I sure as heck wouldn't want to put my child in danger, by being in a classroom where there could be bullets flying all over the place.

You should take a gun safety class, even if you never shoot because you are making assumstions that aren't true.  In training you are always taught that not only do you see the target, but you assess what is behind and to side of the target. Anyone that has trained understands this and they are not spraying bullets in a random pattern. 

Your child is safer when a teacher has a handgun in a lockdown situation then without. The teacher can barricade themselves inside the classroom, have the children move the furtherst corner, then the armed teacher takes a position of open sight at the door, if a shooter tries to enter that door the teacher has a sight picture to take a clear shot. What chance does the classroom have if the teacher is cowering in the corner with the children? None!

Do you not see that your statement of bullets flying all over the place vs. a clear and defined plan of action is actually better for the children. If a shooter tries to enter the classrom and there is no weapon to protect those in the classroom how much chance do those kids have? None!

Teachers should a plan of action, children should be taken to the further corner, desks put around as a barricade then the teacher has the chance to position themselves is a safe manner to shoot if need be.

I would rather have kids in that situation then one where are supposed to throw soup cans at the armed intruder.

You TOTALLY ignore the effects of adrenaline and nerves on the part of the teacher.It is ridiculous to assume that a 3 day course is going to adequately prepare anyone to react well in this situation. And then add additional guns, and as someone else mentioned - the wanna be heros. What could go wrong there?????

Valued Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@granny me wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Oh, well.

So enlighten us.

I would do as my employer trained me to do.

This isn't about you, this is about teachers protecting their children.

What would you do?

Active shooter walking down the hall, you can hear screaming, footsteps, they are outside the door, what is the plan? How are you protecting those kids? Where are you running to? There is no other means of escape. Tick Tock, the door rattles, kids are crying and you are cowered under your desk. Now what? You have nothing, absoultely nothing. But hey you ran, you hid.

If you have kids in school, this is how you should see this scenerio. It should scare you to death knowing there is nothing to stop this armed intruder because your child's teacher is hiding instead of trying to protect your child. 

God forbid, but if  somone made me choose, I would rather my child die knowing someone was trying to give them a fighting chance to survive with a gun in the classrom then a teacher that is afraid of their own shadow hiding.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

@granny me wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Implying someone is a coward because they hide is rude. I for one would not trust a senior citizen with a gun who gets upset so easily over a post. 

Logic doesn't infer upset.