Honored Contributor

Re: COLLEGE SCANDAL DEVELOPMENTS

[ Edited ]

They finally said who the father was who paid $6.5 million to get his daughter into Stanford ...he lives in China and not a Hollywood celebrity. Am guessing he won’t be prosecuted....the daughter is not an athlete and says they both thought they were just donating money to the school....pretty good defense; much better than Loughlin and Huffman!

Honored Contributor

lori and her husband are really taking bad advice, or their own misguided advice.  she will never be able to work again.  i have family in the business and her reputation never rang any  bells.  but she is a joke now, big time.  in ten years the public will have forgotten all about this, but directors aND PRODUCERS WONT.  you cant leave the spot light for even a year before you are long forgotten.  if she is avoiding jail time, she may achieve that.  but if she and her husband want a livelihood that will be gone.  their house will be on the market next year.  but maybe she is done, and doesnt care.

Esteemed Contributor

The Beijing family identified as paying Singer $6.5 million to get their daughter into Stanford via the sailing program, says they were duped.  Not being familiar with the college admissions process in the United States, their attorney says that Singer told them the $6.5 million was a donation to the school, to be used for professor salaries, the athletic department and scholarships for needy students.  Stanford says it received no money from this family. 

(Their excuse might be more legitimate than Lori's and Mossimo's!)

The father is a billionaire who runs a large pharmaceuticals company.  Their daughter is no longer enrolled at Stanford.

Super Contributor

It has been reported that she is shopping crisis management firms.  I think she cares!

Esteemed Contributor

I really think that everyone involved in this college hoax should go to jail. For how long and what reason will be up to the legal system.  I find it impossible to believe that these parents claiming 'no knowledge' are being truthful!!

Esteemed Contributor

People Magazine reports that Olivia Jade has moved out of her parents' Bel Air home temporarily. to seek some privacy and avoid the paparazzi.

It has been mentioned that her You Tube channel has actually gained subscribers monthly since the scandal broke, even though she has not been active.

Esteemed Contributor

As for the parents, we should get a sense of how prosecutors will deal with incarceration very soon;  the Plea Hearings for those who plead guilty are scheduled for May 7th through May 24th.  Felicity's date is now set for May 13th

Respected Contributor

LL & Moss "didn't" know that what they were doing was illegal?  Nobody Is That Stupid!  

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor

@TheOnion
3h3 hours ago

Stanford Students Admit It Was Pretty Obvious Billionaire’s Dog Didn’t Get In By Itself https://trib.al/1K7thVn

Honored Contributor

She cares big timr.e. But imo she needs to woman-up, do the time.  If she had pleaded guilty, she would have done 18 months.  Been out, redeemed and back at work.  But doing what she is now angers people.  She is doing more lasting damage.  I think she teally cares, and I think she would have not done it had she known what she was really doing.  But feeling a bit entitled madeher think, no will know, and I will be okay and after all ,it is me,