Esteemed Contributor

Re: CO-WORKER DEAD BECAUSE OF A DRUNK DRIVER

@Lindsays Grandma   I'm so sorry this has happened.  Why do people drink and drive?   They think it will never happen to them...well it did and they killed someone.  This makes me so angry.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Esteemed Contributor

I am sorry for this loss. People behaving badly. Senseless.

Hemingway - For Whom The Bell Tolls

"Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls - it tolls for thee.“

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

such a sad story. This is why I HATE DRUNKS and have no empathy for them at all.

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

such a sad story. This is why I HATE DRUNKS and have no empathy for them at all.

@SeaMaiden   SAME!  I lost my grandpa and uncle to a drunk driver when I was only 2.  

@Lindsays Grandma   Prayers and comfort to your daughter's friend/co-worker's family!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

He won't spend much time in jail.

Our youngest son was hit 19 years ago by a drunk driver.  His injuries were horrific.  Still with him to this day and also his friend who was driving the car.

The drunk killed a passenger (the designated driver originally, but she got too drunk) and got 2 years.

He should have gotten the 2 years for the injuries to my son and another 2 years for the injuries to his friend.  And then more for killing the girl.

I wish drunk drivers only killed other drunk drivers.

Honored Contributor

so very sad and sorry to hear this news.

my father and aunt were killed by a drunk driver and my mother was  severely injured, but recovered fully in about a year after being in and out of the hospital and physical therapy facilities.

@Lucky Charm  you are probably correct regarding the amount of time he will spend in jail. the young man that killed my father and aunt spent 18 months in jail for killing two people.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

my father and aunt were killed by a drunk driver and my mother was  severely injured, but recovered fully in about a year after being in and out of the hospital and physical therapy facilities.

@Lucky Charm  you are probably correct regarding the amount of time he will spend in jail. the young man that killed my father and aunt spent 18 months in jail for killing two people.

@sunshine45  That is so sad about your dad and uncle and even your mom, too.  To have all been involved in that together and the outcome is heartbreaking!

I know someone who killed a 5 year old boy in the street right in front of his house in front of his siblings and other neighborhood kids.

She got one month of solid time and then 6 months of weekends.  She had to report on Friday evening and stay in prison till Sunday evening.  

The judge gave her that light sentence because she had an infant son.

She showed no remorse for the death, complained about having to go to prison.

And has worked as a barmaid ever since.  It's her dream job.

Honored Contributor

My heartfelt condolences and prayers go out to April's family and friends for this tragic loss....😥  

It makes me so angry when I hear stories like this.... I had a cousin that was killed by a drunk driver... My cousin and his friend were on a camping trip, they stopped at a convenience store, my cousin stayed in the parked car while the friend went into the store, a drunk driver, traveling in his car at a very high rate of speed; came barrelling down the road, lost control and stuck the parked car and killed my cousin...😥  

There has to be stronger penalties put in place for these idiots that drink and drive!!! 😡

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma 

A heart wrenching story that happens way too often. Right now it is well known that because of the virus lockdowns that people are drinking much more alcohol than months prior. It is yet another sad fact that can be indirectly connected to people feeling confined.

Hopefully this man gets the maximum sentence for his crimes. Would like to think strong sentences for these types of crimes would open the eyes of others who choose to drink and drive. Not really sure it does.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@sunshine45  That is so sad about your dad and uncle and even your mom, too.  To have all been involved in that together and the outcome is heartbreaking!

I know someone who killed a 5 year old boy in the street right in front of his house in front of his siblings and other neighborhood kids.

She got one month of solid time and then 6 months of weekends.  She had to report on Friday evening and stay in prison till Sunday evening.  

The judge gave her that light sentence because she had an infant son.

She showed no remorse for the death, complained about having to go to prison.

And has worked as a barmaid ever since.  It's her dream job.

@Lucky Charm 

Its so sad and these drunks will find a way to beat the system....there was a story on our local news how one drunk had a device on his steering wheel ordered by the court that he had to blow in to make sure he was "clean" well the SOB had a friend blow in to the device and the guy drove drunk and killed someone....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”