Honored Contributor

Re: CNN ...

I LOVE Anthony Bourdain's show....I have learned so much about different countries from him! He really has a different perspective.

Honored Contributor

@Topaz Gem wrote:

@NickNack1 wrote:

@terrier3 wrote:

I like the way that the moderator now on CNN is refusing to say the shooter's name.

I agree with him!

Anderson Cooper rarely if ever uses the shooter's names of these types of crimes either.  He says he doesn't want to give them publicity.  

I agree.  We (as a society) need to stop making these guys into rock stars.  There are so many young people that actually look up to Klebold and Harris and aspire to be just like them.  Sick, but true.

This seems to be a growing trend and one that I completely support.  Rachel Maddow blurred out the young man's face in that church shooting and FoxNews refused to publish/display his manifesto.

Good for them, no need to publicize or glorify these people.

Honored Contributor

I respectfully disagree with Fox's decision not to publicize his manifesto.

That tells the story of why he did what he did...in chilling detail. A lot can be learned from it.

It WASN'T done because he hated Christians or religion...it was done because he hated a race of people.

Honored Contributor

Thank you for this Terrier.  I guess my for lack of a better phrase overall feeling is whatever these nutcases are preaching, it should be put on a back burner.

My fear is that we have become such a 24 hour news cycle sound-bite, 30 second clip society whatever is displayed on television is taken as gospel by folks.  If those that agree with his philosophy were to see even a snippet of what was in his head that would be enough for some folks to run with it.

My thought were if you don't display it at all, it will force those that are genuinely interested to go look for it and do some research (which clearly I did not do as to put it bluntly I didn't care.  He's a murderer and nothing will change my mind on that) but it would have effected my wording if I had taken the time.

I truly appreciate your feedback Terrier.  Well said.