Honored Contributor

Re: CNN show "THE SEVENTIES"

Ruh roh.  I just checked 'My Shows' and I don't have an episode for last night.  Better check that out.  I don't think I even realized that it was on Saturdays.  Hope I didn't miss one.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

I wish the graphics identifying the interviewees was larger.  I just can't see it very well!  Executive Producer Tom Hanks should realize that a lot of us watching this searies are baby boomers, and our eyesight isn't what it used to be!  Smiley Happy  I don't know who a lot of the interviewees are because I'm too lazy to go right up to my TV set to read who they are!

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Ruh roh.  I just checked 'My Shows' and I don't have an episode for last night.  Better check that out.  I don't think I even realized that it was on Saturdays.  Hope I didn't miss one.  Smiley Sad

@chickenbutt last night it was a marathon of the shows that had already aired.....i dont think any of them were new. i think the newest one will be about the music i believe.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee do you have access to HBO-GO? they are  running the series there also and you could watch it via your computer or tablet.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Sunshine 45 is right. Next Thursday is the disco era!  Studio 54 etc.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Pearlee do you have access to HBO-GO? they are  running the series there also and you could watch it via your computer or tablet.

Yes, I do (and CNNgo also, did you mean that one?)  I did watch one on CNNgo.

But I like watching on TV much better so they need to make those graphics bigger!

Honored Contributor

Pearlee wrote:

sunshine45 wrote:

Yes, I do (and CNNgo also, did you mean that one?)  I did watch one on CNNgo.

But I like watching on TV much better so they need to make those graphics bigger!

didnt know there was a cnn-go.......yes, it is also on hbo-go because the series was done in conjunction with HBO.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt   The Thursday show repeats on Saturday night.  They run two back to back (one from the previous week and then that Thurday night's) - at around 7 or 8 o'clock.  If you miss the Thurs. night one, you can watch it on Sat. night (unless CNN pulls it for breaking news, which has happened).

Honored Contributor

sunshine45 wrote:

chickenbutt wrote:

@chickenbutt last night it was a marathon of the shows that had already aired.....i dont think any of them were new. i think the newest one will be about the music i believe.

Thanks, Sunshine!  Smiley Happy  My memory is getting so bad that I can't even remember what the last episode was.  I see a new one coming up on Thursday, having just checked my 'to do' list.  Maybe I need to re-record that last one again, as the synopsis doesn't sound very familiar.

This memory thing really sukks sometimes but then I get to watch twice as many things because I often have to watch the same thing over again.  D'oh!  

When I go through my 'deleted' folder I usually see one or two things of which I have absolutely no recollection of having watched.  I'm the only one in the Tivos, so it was me who apparently watched and deleted them.  I just re-watched two shows from my deleted folder yesterday.   Did not remember a single thing from the first time.  (yikes)

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I've been enjoying this series, as I enjoyed their 'The Sixties' series.  Looking forward to the next episode.

I can't help but wonder if there will be a 'The Eighties'.   Smiley Happy

It's due to launch next year, chicky:

http://variety.com/tv/news/cnn-upfront-eighties-mike-rogers-declassified-1201494109/