Honored Contributor

Well my take is I just came home from helping my dear friend who is 88 who had a infection & her knee replacement removed. UGH>>what turned out to be a "mere" easy procedure turned into 8 weeks in a nursing facility so upon release I was so glad I was there.

They sent "Visiting Angels" -- I can't really say here what I think of them but at $30/hour (she pays them) they STINK!!!  In fact, the one panicked when she was showering my friend and she got stuck in the shower ...the overnight one was USELESS and slept as soon as my friend went to bed - one night i heard her calling for help -- guess who was sleeping...

then the language barrier (most were from jamaica, haiti or guatamala) finally I FIRED THEM ...they were no help in the housekeeping dept either.

I truly think your friend should be in a assisted care facility believe me my friend is small and I could barely lift or help her up!  These are times the SON needs to step in and make decisions!!!

Such sad situations for many who are dependent on these outside agencies...of course, this may just have been a bad one but I know its not cheap!  @Seannie