Respected Contributor
On 6/5/2014 madzonie said: Didn't watch. In my opinion, this stuff is not what I think of as "country."

I know what you mean. But some of the acts are pretty good. It's not true country IMO but it's better than a lot of the other music right now!

Super Contributor
On 6/4/2014 croemer said:
On 6/4/2014 scotttie said:
On 6/4/2014 croemer said:

I thought Miranda was a bit rude to Blake when she won...barely looked at her husband.

Starting to believe the rumors....{#emotions_dlg.sad}

Well I can make him feel alllllllllllllllllllll better.{#emotions_dlg.tt1}

{#emotions_dlg.tt1}{#emotions_dlg.devil2}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I don't quite get the whole Miranda thing - never thought she was one of the best.

She looks good lately, though.

Honored Contributor

I totally forgot they were on until about 9:30.

DH and I were just in Nashville so it was pretty cool to see all the places we went and we recognized all the bars down Broadway when they showed some of the performances.

To the poster who asked, I made the same comment about Carrie Underwood's husband. First of all, I thought he looked like he needed a shower and second of all, he looked like he had zero interest in being there. But then, I think he always has that look.

Some of the live performances sounded awful. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Honored Contributor
On 6/5/2014 Hildegarde Withers said:

Carrie loves her hot pants, doesn't she?

She's got the legs for them, that's for sure.

Honored Contributor
On 6/5/2014 LipstickDiva said:

If I had legs like that and looked like her I'd show them off too. {#emotions_dlg.laugh} Hey LD, hope you enjoyed your visit. Should have stayed for Fan Fair.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

So do I, but I wouldn't wear them. lol

Carrie is only about 30 or 31 years old and she wears this stuff for performances only. She has talked before about how fun it is to be on stage and wear shoes and clothes she wouldn't wear in her everyday life. I doubt she would wear her hair the way it was done for her song with Miranda Lambert either. Smile

Honored Contributor
On 6/5/2014 Preds said:

If I had legs like that and looked like her I'd show them off too. {#emotions_dlg.laugh} Hey LD, hope you enjoyed your visit. Should have stayed for Fan Fair.

We loved it! We had the perfect hotel location for walking to everything downtown. Everyone from the employees to the locals were super friendly. We met a lot of people in the various bars we had a great time with. No one was out of control anywhere. We were also amazed at all the good bands in these bars. There wasn't a bad band in the bunch. It really made us realize how hard it would be to break into country music. Our only bad experience was the bus ride to Antique Archeology that we see on American Pickers. It dropped us off in a scary part of town and we had to walk a couple of blocks to the place which turned out to be a dump. Oh well.

When we booked we wanted to go for the Country Musical Festival but the prices were outrageous.

Honored Contributor

I guess hot pants are better than wearing a very short dress when moving around on stage...they don't reveal anything.

You know if some of those ladies don't have slip shorts on under those dresses, the crowd on the floor has to be able to see everything right up them! {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Honored Contributor

Miranda and Carrie marriages are rumored to be broken. (saw various articles) Jason A. stepped out officially with his "mistress", Brittany K. (former American Idol contestant) His children/family must be so proud. File for a divorce first, then go play.{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Respected Contributor
On 6/5/2014 Preds said:

We loved it! We had the perfect hotel location for walking to everything downtown. Everyone from the employees to the locals were super friendly. We met a lot of people in the various bars we had a great time with. No one was out of control anywhere. We were also amazed at all the good bands in these bars. There wasn't a bad band in the bunch. It really made us realize how hard it would be to break into country music. Our only bad experience was the bus ride to Antique Archeology that we see on American Pickers. It dropped us off in a scary part of town and we had to walk a couple of blocks to the place which turned out to be a dump. Oh well.

When we booked we wanted to go for the Country Musical Festival but the prices were outrageous.

Sounds like a great time!

So the Pickers thing was a dump? What a shame.